Rags to lift title at The Etihad?

shootmeifipost10k said:
The players should get out on the pitch and give them that gaurd of honour.
Would it bother them,you bet it will after leading for most of the season.
As they're clapping them on lets hope they hate every second of it and rememer how it felt everytime they step out onto the pitch.
It's the small things that help with that mentality shit we keep hearing about and this could be just one of them.

Totally agree, it will be hard to swallow for sure, but it will give the players the inspiration to look and treat things differently next season, if it doesn't hurt, then they don't belong at this club.

Why would it be presented in a potentially volatile atmosphere in front of 2,500 of their fans when it can be presented the following week in front of 73,000. Daft thing to even think would happen.
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
Think the OP meant clinch the title rather than lift the trophy.

If this happened there may be a few empty seats come the final whistle

Actually, I did think they would actually lift it at ours... someone on twitter said they were going to. That not possible then?

there would be a riot, arc now hear the city sing...................

black mamba said:
I couldn't really give a toss where they lift it to be honest ........ the rags don't matter to me one bit , and i'd have felt just as cheesed off if Fulham had of beaten us to the title , as United .

City , via their poor form , are doin' their level best to ensure that we don't have much interest in the Etihad derby anyway , and United will want any title success to come at home .. so unless there's an astonishing City recovery inbetween now and then that alters the title situation drastically , then i don't really see either side busting a gut in it.

Agree 100% mate. It's got nothing to do with utd winning it & everything to do with us losing it. If we'd lost it to anyone else would feel the same.

Roger Ringpiece said:
They can win it on Sunday if we lose our next two and they win their next two.
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
If we beat them at home then they can't win it at ours.....simples.

Yes, so they'll have won it before they come to our place and therefore won't be lifting it at the Etihad, as per the op. If that's not the case then we can still negate this happening by beating them at home....on the Monday night.

shootmeifipost10k said:
The players should get out on the pitch and give them that gaurd of honour.
Would it bother them,you bet it will after leading for most of the season.
As they're clapping them on lets hope they hate every second of it and rememer how it felt everytime they step out onto the pitch.
It's the small things that help with that mentality shit we keep hearing about and this could be just one of them.

I agree. Also it is a gesture of that old fashioned concept---'sportmanship. Let's show a bit of class.[as much as it hurts them and us].

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.