Rags V Real...

blimp reeny said:
RyanP3609 said:
The Mirror's headline for tomorrow;

"Seeing red: United fury as Nani dismissal sets up Champions League exit.

Real Madrid score two goals in four minutes shortly after midfielder is controversially sent off for a high boot to advance to the quarter-finals".

I think I remember the headline when Balo was sent off for something similar, went something along the lines of;

"Balotelli see's red after shocking challenge see's City bow out of Europe.

Kiev hold Manchester City to knock them out of Europe due to a shocking tackle from Mario Balotelli for a high boot"

Comparing this with the Balotelli sending off is retarded. Mario was by the touchline facing forward, the defender was clearing a ball and he went over the top with his studs. Compared to Nani on the counter attack watching a ball come over his shoulder is completely different, and if it was any City player sent off in the same circumstances there would be unbridled rage from everyone on here. It was an unfair sending off. End of

Still funny, though

Then I along with many others on here must be retarded then... nice reasoned response there blimp.....

They are comparable as they were both given as red from the same referee are are similiar high foot reckless tackles. You are right Balo was facing the player, but he isn't looking at the player as he goes for the ball, it's reckless on his part as his foots too high up and he saw red for it, rightfully saw red.

Nani isn't looking at the player and he can't be expected to be as Arbeloa's coming in from behind him, but as Keane said, "He can't be expected to have all that space to himself so he shouldn't be thinking that". So there's bound to be someone coming in. Nani's leg movement is exactly the same as Balo's leg movement, studs then slight push.

Baby-faced Chiles even read out the definition for a sending off and it was endangering a fellow player, which Nani did. He shouldn't have his foot that high. And as many others have said, he moves his foot into Arbeloa when he connects. Then has the audacity to roll about on the floor like he'd been studded.

FA Cup v rags...Vinny gets sent off and hey look who it is !...thats right its stretfords very own Sammy Davis Jnr....down to ten men and lost the tie eh, what goes around and all that. ...chortle !

It was a foul and it deserved a yellow card, but not a red card. But from there Jose Mourinho showed exactly why he's above Ferguson at the moment - he reacted quicker to the red card than Ferguson did by sending on Modric, who changed the game, while Ferguson delayed Rooney's introduction further and further - and Ferguson ended up leaving it too late for his substitutions to make an impact.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Has anyone else heard Dietmar Hamman's comments.

" It didn't deserve a Yellow in my opinion". Sucking up to Sky for more work as a pundit.

To be fair Vinnie has said the same thing.

MCFC BOB said:
It was a foul and it deserved a yellow card, but not a red card. But from there Jose Mourinho showed exactly why he's above Ferguson at the moment - he reacted quicker to the red card than Ferguson did by sending on Modric, who changed the game, while Ferguson delayed Rooney's introduction further and further - and Ferguson ended up leaving it too late for his substitutions to make an impact.

I am convinced you try to be controversial for the attention Bob.

I thought the presenter at the end of the ITV highlights was going to cry,the screen would turn black and a minutes silence called,before all the rest of tonights itinery was cancelled in sympathy.Fuck off sadsack,the rest of the UK is celebrating!!

MCFC BOB said:

Bang on the money young Robert. I too didn't think it was a red card offence. However Mourinho used his tactical brain sharpish.

Still giggling though.

My opinion is that the foul was worthy of a yellow as it was certainly dangerous play,however,i can see why the ref chose red given the double movement of Nani's foot into the opposition player.

Harsh maybe but not without cause.

Anyone saying it was a red are on another planet. If a city player got sent off for that there would be uproar and agenda this and that.

Not that I care and im delighted he was sent off makes it even funnier. Can't get my head round everyone ignoring rafaels handball that stopped a goal and madrids perfectly good goal that got chalked off.

Not on twitter but can someone tweet Wayne for me. Vivaronaldo

Bilboblue said:
MCFC BOB said:

I am convinced you try to be controversial for the attention Bob.
I've not read any post in this thread, I just made my contribution. Someone's even agreed with me further up the page. Are they being controversial for the attention as well, Bilbo? I didn't think so either.

There was outrage the other week after that West Ham game when two players were sent off for high-footed challenges and there's going to be outrage now, and rightly so. A high-footed challenge is a yellow card in English football, not a red, hence the reaction. The referee had an awful game tonight for both sides - in fact, the only decision he got right was not giving handball against Ramos when Van Persie's cross hit him and went out for a corner late on. After the red card I just think United were shocked into numbness and Mourinho took full advantage.

Was that controversial enough, buddy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.