Rags V Real...

MCFC BOB said:
Bilboblue said:
MCFC BOB said:
It was a foul and it deserved a yellow card, but not a red card. But from there Jose Mourinho showed exactly why he's above Ferguson at the moment - he reacted quicker to the red card than Ferguson did by sending on Modric, who changed the game, while Ferguson delayed Rooney's introduction further and further - and Ferguson ended up leaving it too late for his substitutions to make an impact.

I am convinced you try to be controversial for the attention Bob.
I've not read any post in this thread, I just made my contribution. Someone's even agreed with me further up the page. Are they being controversial for the attention as well, Bilbo? I didn't think so either.

There was outrage the other week after that West Ham game when two players were sent off for high-footed challenges and there's going to be outrage now, and rightly so. A high-footed challenge is a yellow card in English football, not a red, hence the reaction. The referee had an awful game tonight for both sides - in fact, the only decision he got right was not giving handball against Ramos when Van Persie's cross hit him and went out for a corner late on. After the red card I just think United were shocked into numbness and Mourinho took full advantage.

Was that controversial enough, buddy?

Isn't the Chumps League classed as 'European football' and so it doesn't matter if the English League is more lenient? In which case a high footed challenge is a red card. The West Ham game was pilloried in Europe because anywhere else those reds wouldn't have even been debated.

I'm not outraged by the red card tonight at all.

At least the ref has been consistent, sending off Balo and Nani for 'similar' offences.

I can pretty much guarantee that if the ref gave a yellow and United went through, the scene on here would be of uproar that the same referee deemed, rightly or wrongly, that the Balo and Nani incidents warranted different punishments.

What it could have been
"I have an image of a thread, a thread with the name 'Agenda'. I see the poster's name, it's blurry, it's coming into focus now....D....De....De Niro."

815-1-3.jpg

RyanP3609 said:
Baby-faced Chiles even read out the definition for a sending off and it was endangering a fellow player, which Nani did. He shouldn't have his foot that high. And as many others have said, he moves his foot into Arbeloa when he connects. Then has the audacity to roll about on the floor like he'd been studded.
Chiles began by confusing "Violent Conduct" (which is off the ball) and "Serious Foul Play" (while challenging for the ball). For all they're paid, I can't see why presenters and pundits can't learn the rules - Shearer is getting the hang of it!

Anyone got the gif of the own goal and the offside just before it?

MCFC BOB said:
Caveman said:
I thought it was very harsh. I'd be very unhappy if that was a City player. Yellow card and a talking to, nine times out of nine and a half for that sort of thing.
Yep, basically my thoughts on the matter.
Both feet off the ground, no control over his momentum, studs showing, foot at chest height, straight red.

oakiecokie said:
mcmanus said:
I do love the headline I've just heard on the radio.... "Sir Alex was too distraught to speak to the media".

Fucking priceless.

Hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Now that I do find funny even if I disagree about the sending off.Karma springs to mind.

Never enjoyed listening to Talksport as much as tonight. The rag presenter is near tears at times then a few cock-ker-nees phoning in because a ref hasn't favoured them.

Brilliant. This night is funnier than than if they had been spanked 5 nowt. Never a red card but tough fucking titties.

They still crumbled like an under 11 side though. The pisscan was out thought by the special one. He'll be proper pissed tonight probably knocking fuck out of Lady Ferguson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.