Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne and Umtiti were terrified every time Raheem got on the ball. What a player we have on our hands here folks. He's world class
Little bit of an overreaction Sean, but certainly he is improving game by game and you can see the development of his football intelligence. Great pass to Gundogan for the first goal, and like you said a constant threat out wide. The sky is the limit for this young lad.

Listened to a guy named Angus- a journo reviewing papers on Talk Sport at 5:30 yesterday morning. Opened up with comments about how Sterlings performance was gash, missed a sitter, was out of his depth and got hooked off because Pep had lost patience with him!!!!!!! Could not believe my ears. Who is this guy?

Laughable! No one who watched that game could seriously come to that conclusion.

Raheem Sterling: "I was 15 and we were already talking about what we'd like to do after Liverpool if things didn't turn out like we wanted."
Sterling: "I said by the time I'm 22, if I haven't won anything or playing in the biggest competitions then I need to assess my options."

Sensible lad

Digne and Umtiti were terrified every time Raheem got on the ball. What a player we have on our hands here folks. He's world class
He's a way to go before world class......he's been poor most of last season, started to look like a 45 mill player but still has work to do on his decision making and finishing. Has all the potential to become a great player for City.

I feel ever since that series of hit pieces in The Sun, and the subsequent backlash by the average fan everyone is changing their tune on the lad (bar the odd out laying weirdo). I definitely feel that was a watershed moment, the criticism reduced once they had pretty much printed lies and with pep in his corner he's starting to really turn into the real deal. I even like the bizarre booing has died down once it sounded like a bunch of fucking scousers we're invading stadiums up and down the country.

Thought he has been excellent recently.

Love the crap reporting on IB Times...

Despite previously suggesting the move to City was motivated by wanting to improve as a player, Sterling has now suggested the chance to play alongside big-name players also played a role.
Yeah, those 2 are in no way connected!

"Endorsing his previous suggestion that the move to City was motivated by wanting to improve as a player, Sterling is now relishing the chance to play alongside big-name players."

is a what the journalist really means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.