Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed that, came across alright but I counted 5 massives, he's clearly dying to sign for the rags. Sell him now

What I did pick up from that is he is incredibly driven. If he is a big success here but doesn't win trophies I expect he will move on. That said, if he is successful, then it probably means the team have been successful too.

What I did pick up from that is he is incredibly driven. If he is a big success here but doesn't win trophies I expect he will move on. That said, if he is successful, then it probably means the team have been successful too.

Yeah, what he said about talking to agent at 15 on his way to Liverpool, about what he was going to do if he wasnt winning things was quite telling, the lad has a plan and that probably involves playing abroad at some point, I cant fault him, he owes us as much as he owed Liverpool. Saying that, hopefully he can achieve most of his goals with us, considering he said winning leagues, champions leagues and hopefully with the national team are his targets.

Raheem came across quite well in the interview with Linekar. Interesting that even before he joined the Scouse cult, he was thinking about next steps. They bizarrely think everyone who plays there is a huge boyhood fan of the club and will never want to leave. Bless them.

His comments that playing for England is like being in a negative bubble were enlightening. The negativity from the press before, during and after the tournament that he spoke about obviously impacts the whole group. Gabby Logan tried to grill the two "journalists" (can't remember their names) but they were less than sympathetic and basically said its tough luck, and comes with the territory. Bizarre attitude from the press, who have a right to criticise of we fail, but surely would be better served backing the players before a tournament?

Raheem Sterling: "I was 15 and we were already talking about what we'd like to do after Liverpool if things didn't turn out like we wanted."
Sterling: "I said by the time I'm 22, if I haven't won anything or playing in the biggest competitions then I need to assess my options."

Sensible lad

Is there not something a little prematurely conceited about this sort of attitude ? It's as though if a club he plays for doesn't win something, then it's the other players that aren't good enough and nothing to do with him. If his own game were perfect it would be reasonable but he's got a long way to go yet.

Still, self-confidence is a good thing.

Yeah, what he said about talking to agent at 15 on his way to Liverpool, about what he was going to do if he wasnt winning things was quite telling, the lad has a plan and that probably involves playing abroad at some point, I cant fault him, he owes us as much as he owed Liverpool. Saying that, hopefully he can achieve most of his goals with us, considering he said winning leagues, champions leagues and hopefully with the national team are his targets.
If I were in his place, I would just retire from the national team. No chance of any success, crap playing style and treated like shit by the fans.

Seriously, would you read the papers after euros and believe that he was the one who created our only goal, or rather our only chance for goal v Iceland, created virtually all our goals in the friendlies prior to the tournament and was instrumental in pegging back Russia before he was subbed ( and they scored just after, coincidentally)

Needs to sort his finishing out, as it is now he's limited to being a good player rather than a great one.
I think he is a good finisher, just needs to keep the belief in himself. See goals such as the hat trick v Bournemouth last season, v Swansea this season, v City (whilst at Liverpool, twisted Kompany inside out) and others I can't remember at the minute to see he can be very accomplished infront of goal.

I do wish he would put his foot through the ball sometimes instead of going for the inside of the foot and placement.

I think he is a good finisher, just needs to keep the belief in himself. See goals such as the hat trick v Bournemouth last season, v Swansea this season, v City (whilst at Liverpool, twisted Kompany inside out) and others I can't remember at the minute to see he can be very accomplished infront of goal.

I do wish he would put his foot through the ball sometimes instead of going for the inside of the foot and placement.
He had one notable good shot against Barcelona (can't remember if it was just wide or the goalie saved it) that he hit with his left foot. Last season it was purely there to stop himself falling over so I think Pep's been working hard with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.