Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's fair to give him plaudits for a game in which he performed very well. Not sit back and wait for his first poor touch and jump all over him. I stand by my post because even now a few days later there's an absence of comments from some of his biggest detractors last season.
I'm sorry if you think that reeks of unpleasant arrogance but it is what it is. Even with your post you had to add caveats to his very good game. That's more telling than anything I wrote.

Put simply, there are people far more willing to criticise than they are to praise. That's the "chatting bollocks" I refer to, not their opinion of him as a footballer.

Wouldn't matter how he played for the likes of you. Last season this thread got worse the more the season went on as he was having poor games then a shocker of a Euros. I don't recall many waiting on here to have a go at him the first months.

For what it's worth he played very well on Saturday, the best in a long time for us and he was exciting to watch - everything I wanted last year. I'm hoping this carries on.

Wouldn't matter how he played for the likes of you. Last season this thread got worse the more the season went on as he was having poor games then a shocker of a Euros. I don't recall many waiting on here to have a go at him the first months.

For what it's worth he played very well on Saturday, the best in a long time for us and he was exciting to watch - everything I wanted last year. I'm hoping this carries on.
Likes of me? Explain.

One of the commentators picked up that Raheem and Sergio were swapping positions every now and then...

We're going to see a lot more of this from Sergio. It's another way to drag defenders out of position and create space and mis-matches. As a big fan of the NFL a lot of what Pep tries to do reminds me of what offensive coaches try to do against defences. It's intriguing and refreshing after last season.

I read one andalusia of our match that said Sergio and Raheem ended up having the same average position in Saturday's match, that is clear swapping of position.

I have also read that (and can see from watching) that there is a huge preference for man marking in the premier league. The swapping of positions is a great way to cause confusion and uncertainty, especially when facing man marking so I expect to see this a lot more this season. Should give Raheem and others great scoring opportunities.

I read one andalusia of our match that said Sergio and Raheem ended up having the same average position in Saturday's match, that is clear swapping of position.

I have also read that (and can see from watching) that there is a huge preference for man marking in the premier league. The swapping of positions is a great way to cause confusion and uncertainty, especially when facing man marking so I expect to see this a lot more this season. Should give Raheem and others great scoring opportunities.

what's one of those when it's at home?

Its fair to say that we are going to start to see the best of Raheem Sterling now that we have Pep. What I really liked about his performance at the weekend was the way he was able to adapt and switch from different positons. Right - left - centre. He just did it all in his stride. I can't wait to have Raheem, Sane and Aguero playing together, with KDB behind pulling the strings will be awesome.

Thought he was very good Saturday. He will really need the support of our fans though.

It only took a Sunderland equaliser and one run stopped in its tracks and the screamers were out.
One point, right in front of us, they'd lined up perfectly. Man in front of Raheem, covering centre half backing him up.
It was painfully obvious there was no room to 'attack him' he cut back and squared the ball. Exactly what he should and he'll have been told go do. Fans were on his back rapidly.

While every club has idiot fans, those that aren't need to really get behind this lad. He needs us, he has the talent and a manager that will get the best from him.

First game back, many an 'expert' saying he'd have no future under Pep and he gets MOTM. Great start and very positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.