Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the game enough in the first half, much better in the second but we need goals from him.

very good shift today, not played an awful lot recently but the biggest plus for him really is I felt you could really notice what he does bring to the team now, whereas last season you were often left wondering what he was adding.

Sure still rough around the edges but there is a clear improvement.

When I watch him on the right it always frustrates me that we shift him back to that left, far more effective out there on the right for me. Another good performance, unlucky not to get a goal on his left foot.

I expect that problem goes away with Navas. He is so one-sided you have to shift Sterling over.

I expect that problem goes away with Navas. He is so one-sided you have to shift Sterling over.
Well Navas has been played on the left by Pep.. But yeah I agree, the issue is Sane, Sterling & Navas are all better on the right; Nolito is our best left sided player by far for me but doesn't seem we're going to use him every week so Sterling gets shifted out left - obviously we don't see the training sessions etc. but based off match performances Nolito left & Sterling right seems the obvious combo.

At last !! He decided to have a run on several occasions at the full back,and even a few mazy runs which was what he used to do to us when he wore a red shirt,especially against us,just a few goals needed now from him

I think we saw the best and worst of Sterling last night. In the 1st half we did not play to his strengths at all, his 1st touch is dodgy and being involved too deep and in intricate passing moves really does not suit him. His footballing ability for a £50m player is worryingly limited. However in the 2nd half he pushed right up on the full back and went at him time and time again, he has the pace and dribbling ability that we must see more of, basically like we did in the opening weeks of the season. He is never going to be a Silva, knitting together the play, so lets stop trying to use him that way. Push him as far up the field as possible and tell him that the only thing he needs to worry about is tearing the full back a new one.

He's been better than De Bruyne nearly all season.

He's also been better than Silva, Nolito, Navas, Iheanacho and Sane.

You're right he hasn't been 'great' but he's done very well for a 22 year old. Most goals and assists combined of any English player isn't he as well?
'He's been better than De Bruyne nearly all season' ha ha ha! Mate what have you been watching?! But if that's your opinion then cool. I'll not try to belittle you or make you out to be some type of imbecile like the others do just because your opinion differs from mine! You're more than entitled to it.

I think we saw the best and worst of Sterling last night. In the 1st half we did not play to his strengths at all, his 1st touch is dodgy and being involved too deep and in intricate passing moves really does not suit him. His footballing ability for a £50m player is worryingly limited. However in the 2nd half he pushed right up on the full back and went at him time and time again, he has the pace and dribbling ability that we must see more of, basically like we did in the opening weeks of the season. He is never going to be a Silva, knitting together the play, so lets stop trying to use him that way. Push him as far up the field as possible and tell him that the only thing he needs to worry about is tearing the full back a new one.
What an absolute joke. His touch is fine, he has 'limited' football ability? He's a huge talent with lots of footballing ability. You must be one of his haters, because that statement is an absolute joke. Believe me, Sterling will make all the doubters look silly in the next four years time.

What an absolute joke. His touch is fine, he has 'limited' football ability? He's a huge talent with lots of footballing ability. You must be one of his haters, because that statement is an absolute joke. Believe me, Sterling will make all the doubters look silly in the next four years time.

4 years ???? Hang on a minute,needs to start being the 50m player he is now,not 4 fucking years,3 for Pep,4 for him,anymore we gonna have to wait for ?

4 years ???? Hang on a minute,needs to start being the 50m player he is now,not 4 fucking years,3 for Pep,4 for him,anymore we gonna have to wait for ?
You must be another hater. Calm down, City didn't pay 50 million for a finished product, they paid it for a talent. He's already doing very well and showing signs of improvement and you can still clearly see he has bags of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.