Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of YPotY, I thought Alli was a shoe in until I realised he's only gotten two club assists all season, which for an attacking midfielder is very poor. Sterling deserves it.

He's managed 9 goals, 15 assists and won 4 converted penalties this season by my count. That's 28 in total which is over 31% of all goals we've scored this season. For comparison that's a bit more than Aguero and over twice as many as Silva.

Last edited:
The skill for Sané's goal was just sublime. He'll be as good as Robben at the very least.
Am genuinely in an argument with a United fan over whether Sterling is better than one of their young attacking players. But not Martial... Rashford. Seriously.
Rashford isn't, nor will ever be, fit to lace Raheem's boots.

If we can keep him and Sane healthy and those around them in form, they'll both have seriously frightening stats come end of year.

In terms of YPotY, I thought Alli was a shoe in until I realised he's only gotten two club assists all season, which for an attacking midfielder is very poor. Sterling deserves it.

He's managed 9 goals, 15 assists and won 4 converted penalties this season by my count. That's 28 in total which is over 31% of all goals we've scored this season. For comparison that's a bit more than Aguero and over twice as many as Silva.
Alli or Kane. Probably Kane. If Sterling keeps up this level until the end of the season then he'll definitely deserve it, especially after all the stick he unfairly got - been nothing but professional & consistent.

Alli or Kane. Probably Kane. If Sterling keeps up this level until the end of the season then he'll definitely deserve it, especially after all the stick he unfairly got - been nothing but professional & consistent.

Is Kane still eligible?

He has become the best player on the team. Quietly, sometimes even uncomfortably but yet unquestionably City's best player this season.

Am I the only who felt like shearer was damning him with faint praise for both of the goals he set up when he made it sound like sterling aimleassly put the ball in the box with no idea that someone will get to it. I mean how can someone look at the way he delayed the ball until the right moment that sane reached the goal to cross and then go on and say that sterling was never aware that sane made that run into the box and basically insinuating that he didnt mean to pick him is baffling. That cross couldn't have been more perfectly timed and played if they tried that ten times in training that was how good that play was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.