Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's noticeable at the ground too, we had a sloppy period of around 5 minutes the other night when we were chasing the game, several players lost possession through underhit passes or poor control but the only one greeted with a very audible groan was Sterling, I just don't get it.

I get it. But I get harangued whenever I post the reason so I won't post it. Everyone with eyes and ears and a functioning brain who isn't caught up in some kind of tribal football bullshit knows why Sterling gets a certain kind of treatment from the media and from segments of our own support.

I get it. But I get harangued whenever I post the reason so I won't post it. Everyone with eyes and ears and a functioning brain who isn't caught up in some kind of tribal football bullshit knows why Sterling gets a certain kind of treatment from the media and from segments of our own support.

I'm not so sure it is that mate, although I'm not ruling it out. Id be more inclined to think the Liverpool media mafia have got into their heads and planted a subconscious bias in there.

I'm not so sure it is that mate, although I'm not ruling it out. Id be more inclined to think the Liverpool media mafia have got into their heads and planted a subconscious bias in there.

Haha. Yeah maybe. Whatever it is it's fucking daft. This lot will still be slagging him off when he makes the Balon d'or shortlist!

I have thought he had the potential but fair play to @BillyShears who was as sure as night follows day, that Sterling would flourish and become a key player. His views never wavered.
Neither did mine...albeit with the proviso he was given a right sided role to enable him to use his more effective right foot.Now that his confidence is up,Sterling can play effectively on both flanks,altho imo noticeably more destructive on the right.
The same also,imo,applies to Sane.it appears with both our fleet footed wide players that the right amount of confidence installing,high quality coaching input has enabled them both to now switch wings during games and confuse and terrorise defences further.
Would be interesting to know if any other top European team has two wide players who can switch wings so effectively during games..

Last edited:

Yardie bro, innit (;

Institutionalised bollocks... The same people think trump is hilarious!!

The player of the year vote only comes at the end of every season but already this year I think if you're looking only at players who have played most of the games and have consistently performed well then it can only go to two players: David Silva or Raheem Sterling.

I would love him to get it because it would finally put an end to any notion that we wasted money on him. To think two years ago he was Liverpool's future- now he's ours.

He's always had the talent, pace & workrate, but now he's also starting to show the intelligence of a top player. If he also keeps working to improve his finishing, there is no telling how far he can go. It's great to see how these lads are improving almost day by day, under a top manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.