Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately he fits into the 'very good player' category, which means he isn't of the required standard now that we are competing for every major trophy. Even though they have time on their side, I do believe we overpaid for Stones and Sterling.

You only have to use Sane as example to see that we should be looking abroad for first team players. He's a vastly superior player to Sterling, yet didn't cost as much.

I thought he was decent without being spectacular today. Beat his man a couple of timee and put some good balls in. Overall he's had a good season and has improved from last. I think he gets more stick on here and in the ground than any other player which is a shame as there are enough outside the club who want to criticise him.

I thought he was decent without being spectacular today. Beat his man a couple of timee and put some good balls in. Overall he's had a good season and has improved from last. I think he gets more stick on here and in the ground than any other player which is a shame as there are enough outside the club who want to criticise him.

You dont read the Bravo thread then

Unfortunately he fits into the 'very good player' category, which means he isn't of the required standard now that we are competing for every major trophy. Even though they have time on their side, I do believe we overpaid for Stones and Sterling.

You only have to use Sane as example to see that we should be looking abroad for first team players. He's a vastly superior player to Sterling, yet didn't cost as much.

Yeah, really frustrating player to watch.
I want to believe he will improve, but the fundamentals are not there.

What boils my piss, is he cant make a pass without the ball bobbling because he hits it with his ankle. (Not acceptable at this level) When you have Silva or Yaya hiting those quick 1 -2s the ball needs to be flush on the ground or its stops the momentum of the move and makes those clinical moves impossible to execute.

If you look at the teams we aspire to be like, Barca, Madrid , Atletico, Bayern Sterling wouldnt get a look in.

People say his young...Technique is Technique either you have it or dont have it. It can be improved marginally over the years, However if we en devour with this it will be to our detriment. And look at Sane at a comparable age- decisions making and Technique is already there. You can sense he will only get better, Sterling on the other hand, I dont know.

Would like to see a potential world class on the other wing - I:E another Sane.

More involved today,he showed a greater degree of urgency and passion,his confidence looked improved.He also did well to keep his head considering he was subject to a kicking at every opportunity.A solid 7/10.

My view as well, there was a bloke near me who slagged him most of the game and then finished with "thank fuck for that" when he was subbed. I didn't think he was that bad either tbh, not outstanding but rather more effective than KdB who had (another) poor game.

His career will be defined by whether or not he can develop consistent end product.

It could be next year it, it could be in 5 years.

Scouts rave about him because if he can add that consistent end product he will be world class. Everything else about his game is already pretty much top notch.

His tactical intelligence is vastly underrated in my opinion.

Yeah, really frustrating player to watch.
I want to believe he will improve, but the fundamentals are not there.

What boils my piss, is he cant make a pass without the ball bobbling because he hits it with his ankle. (Not acceptable at this level) When you have Silva or Yaya hiting those quick 1 -2s the ball needs to be flush on the ground or its stops the momentum of the move and makes those clinical moves impossible to execute.

If you look at the teams we aspire to be like, Barca, Madrid , Atletico, Bayern Sterling wouldnt get a look in.

People say his young...Technique is Technique either you have it or dont have it. It can be improved marginally over the years, However if we en devour with this it will be to our detriment. And look at Sane at a comparable age- decisions making and Technique is already there. You can sense he will only get better, Sterling on the other hand, I dont know.

Would like to see a potential world class on the other wing - I:E another Sane.

Fundamentals are not there? No technique?
This same sterling?

His career will be defined by whether or not he can develop consistent end product.

It could be next year it, it could be in 5 years.

Scouts rave about him because if he can add that consistent end product he will be world class. Everything else about his game is already pretty much top notch.

His tactical intelligence is vastly underrated in my opinion.

He has nothing to his game as I've heard so should be shipped next season to the highest bidder. In fact you can add de-bruyne to that list as well who's also not good enough for the prem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.