Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly all of those teams have publicly spoken about how highly they rate Sterling.

Agreed.

If he wasn't English they would have possibly made a move, but as Pep points out English players are just too expensive.

His price tag clouds judgement in my opinion.

Had we bought him for £25m, many would be far more patient.

Bale had only just broke through his first 10 goal season at 21/22 (Sterlings age), Raheem has already done it 4 times including this season. Bale didn't start to hit serious numbers until he was around 23/24 in the season that got him the move to Madrid.

Agreed.

If he wasn't English they would have possibly made a move, but as Pep points out English players are just too expensive.

His price tag clouds judgement in my opinion.

Had we bought him for £25m, many would be far more patient.

Bale had only just broke through his first 10 goal season at 21/22 (Sterlings age), Raheem has already done it 4 times including this season. Bale didn't start to hit serious numbers until he was around 23/24 in the season that got him the move to Madrid.

Wasn't Bale a left-back for years before?

His career will be defined by whether or not he can develop consistent end product.

It could be next year it, it could be in 5 years.

Scouts rave about him because if he can add that consistent end product he will be world class. Everything else about his game is already pretty much top notch.

His tactical intelligence is vastly underrated in my opinion.

Everything about his game is NOT there, Definitely not there. There are many basic things about his game that are lacking. He makes good runs thats about it. hes technique and decision making are 55% on a bad day 75% on a good day. Thats about 70% of a footballers make up. And I dont think he is as quick as people make out. Not a player for me. I dont see it. I think next season Pep will make his mind up on him. He is giving him every opportunity now as him fits in with the "promising youth- long term philisophy. There will come a point though.

Yep. One quick look in here reminded me why I started avoiding this thread. You'd think this was about a rag player not a City player the way some of you talk about him.

Yeah, really frustrating player to watch.
I want to believe he will improve, but the fundamentals are not there.

What boils my piss, is he cant make a pass without the ball bobbling because he hits it with his ankle. (Not acceptable at this level) When you have Silva or Yaya hiting those quick 1 -2s the ball needs to be flush on the ground or its stops the momentum of the move and makes those clinical moves impossible to execute.

If you look at the teams we aspire to be like, Barca, Madrid , Atletico, Bayern Sterling wouldnt get a look in.

People say his young...Technique is Technique either you have it or dont have it. It can be improved marginally over the years, However if we en devour with this it will be to our detriment. And look at Sane at a comparable age- decisions making and Technique is already there. You can sense he will only get better, Sterling on the other hand, I dont know.

Would like to see a potential world class on the other wing - I:E another Sane.
Oooh the clappers will be furious at this mate. You're not allowed to say what you feel about how Raheem is performing, didn't you know!? I agree with you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.