Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Make or break? Only in the deluded minds of some of our fanbase. I'd have thought that Pep and the management team are more than happy with his progress.

You have to put this into perspective. Pep has moaning relentlessly about our missed opportunities. Sterling isn't very clinical at the best of times.

We also have a few too many mediocre players in the first 11, hopefully with a good transfer window the quality around the pitch should improve, which could further expose Raheems lack of Technique.

You need to put into context, the wingers Pep has worked with in the past, Robert,Sanchez,Robben, and Pedro probably being the worst of the bunch.

Also as of late you have seen Sane on the right, his position that he played at Schalke,
If we get a player like Sanchez and Sane indicates he prefers the right, Sterling could find game time reduced quite dramatically.

It's grossly unfair whichever way you slice it mate.

It probably is, but Raheem is capable (we all know that), but he is so inconsistent at the moment which is why he is probably catching a lot of flack. I personally don't rate him and think he will not feature as much next season, but that is simply my view.

I think Sterling is doing good and will continue to improve, my only issue with him is his confidence in his own ability. Too often he hesitates at key moments, losing opportunities to pass or shoot.

From videos he seems a quiet lad despite what the media would have you believe, I'm sure as he gets older he will develop an air of confidence in his own abilities that all the top players have.

Hopefully Pep can get him to take the final step.

Certainly not all those teams but Real and Bayern were reported to be monitoring his situation at Liverpool during his contract negotiations. With bayern it was clear Pep was the one who wanted him there

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-zidane-raheem-sterling-liverpool-real-madrid

http://talksport.com/football/repor...-talks-over-deal-raheem-sterling-150519147379

Thanks for confirming mate, your evidence is two stories before he joined us when agreed he was a prospect. Not one top team in the world would go in for him now and to drag stories up from years ago as proof they would is laughable.

Doesn't upset me, lies upset me and not one of them listed teams would be interested in the slightest in raheem if he became available.
You shouldnt accuse people of lying just because you don't like what they've said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.