Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep if he doesnt get 20 goals/assists then he isn't good enough ........ hes been really good this season. its like reading the match day thread, someone isn't amazing and then theres talk of selling them.

It has nothing to do with goals/assists, in fact his assists numbers are impressive and are only ever thrown out by those defending him. It is is overall play that some of us are unhappy with, I would argue that he only has his assists figures to hide behind, the rest of his game has huge short-comings.

It has nothing to do with goals/assists, in fact his assists numbers are impressive and are only ever thrown out by those defending him. It is is overall play that some of us are unhappy with, I would argue that he only has his assists figures to hide behind, the rest of his game has huge short-comings.
Agreed

He does remind me of SWP (not the poster on here). SWP was also bendy legged and unpredictable but had an annoying habit of dragging most of his shots left .He never really solved that and that for me stopped his progression.

SWP was a better player, but Sterling has time on his side.
Haha. I am not saying he is on their level now. Neymar is the best by far, Hazard is not as good. I think Sterling will be better than Hazard in a few seasons but maybe won't reach Neymar's level.

I would be astonished if Sterling ever manages to reach Hazard's level, let alone eclipse it.

Yeah but SWP could hit a ball with some conviction, there was power in his shots...Sterling has scored from outside the box once in his career

Who gives a shit if he scores from outside the box? He gets enough chances inside the box and he's slowly looking more confident in front of goal, I doubt he'd have attempted a weak footed volley after letting the ball come across him last season let alone scored it.

SWP was a better player, but Sterling has time on his side.

I would be astonished if Sterling ever manages to reach Hazard's level, let alone eclipse it.

He wont get anywhere near Hazards level, he may be able to post similar assists/goals stats but they are worlds away quality wise.

I would like to know these huge shortcomings in his game that you're talking about. He can't seem to be able to strike the ball cleanly when shooting the ball which is the obvious one I can see but even silva struggles with that to a lesser extent but outside of that what are these huge shortcomings you're going on about I'd genuinely like to know

I would like to know these huge shortcomings in his game that you're talking about. He can't seem to be able to strike the ball cleanly when shooting the ball which is the obvious one I can see but even silva struggles with that to a lesser extent but outside of that what are these huge shortcomings you're going on about I'd genuinely like to know

Pretty much everything else. I think he is a technically limited footballer who been blessed with the ability to run fast. I think there's been plenty like him before and there will be plenty others like him in the future. I don't see any huge difference between him and someone like Walcott. Both very inconsistent but both post decent numbers. I think the easiest way for me to articulate how I feel about Sterling is to compare him to Sane, they play the same position on opposite sides of the pitch, both quick, both young and make mistakes, both post decent numbers. Only one of them will be anything like world class.

Just highlighting his inability to hit the ball with much venom in comparison to SWP

Besides being able to shoot from distance is a handy string to have to your bow vs teams who park the bus

But that's rubbish. He's smashed the post from outside the box 3 or 4 times for us. He can do it, he just rarely chooses to. Has Sané ever scored from outside the box for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.