Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the stick he got last season was brutal, sadly comes with the territory, to a degree I think alot of it was down to the pre Pep malaise the was evident through the team. The whole Pep thing last season was not handled well by the club at all and we saw the results of both the team and even supporters being distracted by it.

I love the fact that he's the only ex Liverpool player not to have a thread on rawk. Very small time.

Playing really well so far this season. Just needs to keep practicing in the training ground and emulate Sergio's finishing skills.

Playing really well so far this season. Just needs to keep practicing in the training ground and emulate Sergio's finishing skills.
If he manages to do that he'd be a top 5 player in the world... plenty of time to do that, mind. ;-)

He's a completely different player this season,his goal yesterday summed up how easy at times he makes it look (which we know it isn't) reminded me a bit of his goal against us a few seasons ago ...

I hated the fact that we purchased Sterling last year.

And his performances last year did noting to change my opinion of him - at the time, I thought, full of potential but completely unreliable on the pitch.

Fast forward to Pep.

Pep has gotten the best out of Sterling - an extremely fast winger, able to take on opponents one on one.

Under Pep, that side of Sterling has gone super-nova!

And though he's still not world-class at finishing, his confidence under Pep has lead to some fantastic goals.

Moreover, Rahim seems to realize his weakness at finishing - he's totally unselfish in front of goal, frequently (perhaps too frequently) passing to a better finisher.

Rahim's performances this year have totally changed my opinion of him - when fit, he needs to start every game (unless we're resting players for a more important fixture).

Anyone else think it was a really nice moment when that fan hand his arms really outstretched for Raheem to come over and embrace him? Or just me? Lol.

Kinda said to me that we love the kid and will stick by him no matter what.

Was wonderful to see, made me smile big time. Said in an earlier post that he knew he'd be booked but still went ahead, that show of mutual affection was priceless. Let's not forget super Kev joined in as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.