Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let' be honest here. Sterling has been missing absolute sitters all season and has also scored very important goals. I just get this horrible feeling that he's gonna do it at a crucial moment in a final and cost us the trophy.

How many massive goals that won us points has he scored for us this season? 5, 6?

How many misses has he made that cost us points? 1??

So he's about 5x more likely to win us a game than lose it based on the evidence this season. If worry about other things if I were you.

Let' be honest here. Sterling has been missing absolute sitters all season and has also scored very important goals. I just get this horrible feeling that he's gonna do it at a crucial moment in a final and cost us the trophy.

Didn’t he miss an absolute sitter in the League cup final against Liverpool? Thankfully it didn’t cost us on that occasion.

I've seen Pep just as pissed off when we've missed chances a 4-0 up.

There's no doubt he will be giving sterling support now, not the hairdryer treatment.

I'd suggest you listen to the captain and stop embarrassing yourself by proclaimimv Sterling is in danger of anything.

We all know you dug yourself a massive hole last season saying sterling was not good enough and never would be, but returning to this thread to slate him every time he males an ultimately meaningless mistake when he's won us 9 points from late goals and scored 20 overall just makes you look pathetic really.

Why do you keep harping over the whole season when I simply criticised him for that miss today?

I am well capable of acknowledging that he has played a lot of good games this season after a poor season previously. Pep will put him on the bench without thought if he feels he isn't in form as he has done with others.

I am not proclaiming anything other than if pep thinks Sterling is in poor form, he will bench him.

Why do you keep harping over the whole season when I simply criticised him for that miss today?

I am well capable of acknowledging that he has played a lot of good games this season after a poor season previously. Pep will put him on the bench without thought if he feels he isn't in form as he has done with others.

I am not proclaiming anything other than if pep thinks Sterling is in poor form, he will bench him.

Again, in my opinion you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to think Pep is ever going to bench his only fit winger, let alone a player with 29 goals+assists in 33 games.

Again, in my opinion you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to think Pep is ever going to bench his only fit winger, let alone a player with 29 goals+assists in 33 games.

Lets leave it there. Sterling had a bad day today as most on here would agree. Hopefully he sorts his head out before he plays next

No getting away from the fact that his miss was an absolute shocker but he’s still well in credit for all the points he’s gained for us. What does disappoint me with him is that I’d like to see him just go past defenders but he always takes a touch then stops, losing the advantage. If Pep’s telling him to do that then I understand but don’t like it.

He’s very much a confidence player and there still seems to be a lot of self-doubt with him.

Didn’t he miss an absolute sitter in the League cup final against Liverpool? Thankfully it didn’t cost us on that occasion.

Yes.

He has been great this season on the whole and scored lots of important goals but fuck me he has to score that.

The only redeeming thing is he is getting the chances.

He should have scored the other night too but didn’t.

Had that feeling the moment we signed Sterling after seeing him miss sitters for Liverpool.

His asset is his speed and ability to twist and turn. For me he does not look like a top finisher at all because he is invariably off balance when the ball comes to him. Sure he's getting goals and assists but if he had some composure he' could eventually move into the world class bracket.
He will continue to miss sitters while he leans/falls back when striking the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.