Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday he tried to play Sterling in when he had a free shot on goal. He should really have taken it on. On the whole I prefer the selfish Sergio.

To be fair, he also completely ignored Sterling who was open on the edge of the six yard box so that he could try and fail to shimmy past a defender to get his shot away. I admire Sergio for always wanting to be the one to force a goal but he can be incredibly frustrating to watch when his tunnel vision costs us chances. His decision making is pretty questionable for someone of so much experience.

This is what pisses me off with the Sterling backers,other players are brought into the equations of his fuck ups.

Dust has settled now,but he missed an absolute sitter,and will probably end up being labelled the miss of the season now,but don't justify the miss,with credit in the bank comments or bringing other players into the scenario.

Dress it up anyway you want,but it ultimately cost us 2 points,and Guardiola hooked him,quite rightly

No his miss didn't cost us as we were 1-0 up. What cost us was horrendous defending.

No his miss didn't cost us as we were 1-0 up. What cost us was horrendous defending.
I'm 50-50 on this, the miss did lift Burnley and their fans and gave them a bigger impetus but yes Walker's defending for the goal was poor from a player of his experience and for about 10 minutes prior to that we'd been allowing too many crosses into the box.

This is what pisses me off with the Sterling haters. They think there are two camps made up of people who back him (and he probably needs our backing more than any other player for reasons that are well-documented) and the other made up of you and the other voices of reason who get on his back whenever he fails to score or make an assist in a game. Should we all apologise for backing one of our best players this season and for pointing out the many times he has got us out of the shit?

I don't get on his back,I support him to the best of my ability,but believe me there are plenty who are in my camp if you will,who don;'t want him anywhere near the first team,sit were I sit and you'd be amazed,decision making is so poor,missed a golden opportunity on Wednesday as well,but yet you read on here that it's Aguero that needs to be gone,it is laughable,Sterling has been and is poor MAJORITY of the time,every player "get's us out of the shit" from time to time,none more this season than KDB,yesterday it was Danilo,because without his goal we may have lost,however thanks to Sterling's miss,we dropped 2 points

I don't get on his back,I support him to the best of my ability,but believe me there are plenty who are in my camp if you will,who don;'t want him anywhere near the first team,sit were I sit and you'd be amazed,decision making is so poor,missed a golden opportunity on Wednesday as well,but yet you read on here that it's Aguero that needs to be gone,it is laughable,Sterling has been and is poor MAJORITY of the time,every player "get's us out of the shit" from time to time,none more this season than KDB,yesterday it was Danilo,because without his goal we may have lost,however thanks to Sterling's miss,we dropped 2 points
Don't want him anywhere near the first team? Glad I don't sit near you to be honest.

He is not poor the majority of the time.

Don't want him anywhere near the first team? Glad I don't sit near you to be honest.

It does embarrass me at times,believe me it does,same as the ironic Bravo cheers,I don't get involved,I'm too old and seen far too many shite players for us,it doesn't worry me no more.

I've never booed or jeered one of our own,ever,but I will vent my frustrations on here

It does embarrass me at times,believe me it does,same as the ironic Bravo cheers,I don't get involved,I'm too old and seen far too many shite players for us,it doesn't worry me no more.

I've never booed or jeered one of our own,ever,but I will vent my frustrations on here
I agree with criticising players when they fuck up, it's part and parcel of being a fan. I don't like the personal stuff. Some players get a free pass whatever happens, but some seem to get dog's abuse - Sterling is in the latter category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.