Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with criticising players when they fuck up, it's part and parcel of being a fan. I don't like the personal stuff. Some players get a free pass whatever happens, but some seem to get dog's abuse - Sterling is in the latter category.

Always been the case at City,as you will know,there has to be the odd weak link in everyone's team,fans have favourites,some don't,it'll never change

How many points have his last minute goals won us?? I believe its something like 9 points. Missed an absolute sitter but get over it. Happens to everyone: De bruyne, Sergio, and many, many other world stars. Pep made the right decision to sub him out immediately after the kiss and hug in the previous game, sends him a message that he expects better.

He is young and will score many more goals.

Same logic with Walker, at fault for the Burnley goal but how many goals has he saved us with his pace on the counter?? A lot more than one.

I am not a fan. His technique is poor, can' t shoot from distance and his passing abysmal at times. He does not possess a good football brain which for me is crucial for a great player e.g. Silva and De Bruyne, e.g. his decision making where he very often chooses the wrong option. He has done well at times this season and his strength is his pace and hard work. However for me He has had a long run over several weeks of poor and ineffective performances including at least a couple of really bad misses in most of these games, Cardiff and WBA for example, culminating in yesterday with possibly the worst miss I can ever remember, which cost us the game. If he does that in a final he will cost us the trophy. Like it or not games hinge on taking these chances. He' s already got form, thd shocking miss v Liverpool at Wembley when we were on top which we eventually won in pens. Decent player and we've got quotas of home grown players to fill so he will probably stay but not good enough long term for me if other English options were available.

How many points have his last minute goals won us?? I believe its something like 9 points. Missed an absolute sitter but get over it. Happens to everyone: De bruyne, Sergio, and many, many other world stars. Pep made the right decision to sub him out immediately after the kiss and hug in the previous game, sends him a message that he expects better.

He is young and will score many more goals.

Same logic with Walker, at fault for the Burnley goal but how many goals has he saved us with his pace on the counter?? A lot more than one.

Walker set up the Sterling chance. We cut them open several times. Aguero had acres of room down the left and took the shot on when others were free. He is a striker so fair enough but when you do not score you question if it was the right decision. Also had about 7 short corners where we cut them apart and did not score. One of those days.

Sterling gets the blame when others could have scored too. Credit to burnley they kept going and got their goal. They had other chances too. It was a game that could have gone either way, they caused our defence problems and Ederson pulled off some good saves. Dyche has been one of the best managers we have faced defensively. Pressing the right areas. Sterling has been consistently one of our best players. He earnt that mistake for the 9 points or so he has won through last minute winners. With the lead we have a draw is a good result. Our lead over the rags has gone from 12pts to 13pts this week so a good week overall.

Walker set up the Sterling chance. We cut them open several times. Aguero had acres of room down the left and took the shot on when others were free. He is a striker so fair enough but when you do not score you question if it was the right decision. Also had about 7 short corners where we cut them apart and did not score. One of those days.

Sterling gets the blame when others could have scored too. Credit to burnley they kept going and got their goal. They had other chances too. It was a game that could have gone either way, they caused our defence problems and Ederson pulled off some good saves. Dyche has been one of the best managers we have faced defensively. Pressing the right areas. Sterling has been consistently one of our best players. He earnt that mistake for the 9 points or so he has won through last minute winners. With the lead we have a draw is a good result. Our lead over the rags has gone from 12pts to 13pts this week so a good week overall.

Exactly, thought Gundogan missed a few nice chances as well. It is what it is. We could of easily lost as well. Lets move on and get 3 points vs Leicester.

I agree with criticising players when they fuck up, it's part and parcel of being a fan. I don't like the personal stuff. Some players get a free pass whatever happens, but some seem to get dog's abuse - Sterling is in the latter category.
So true. Any criticism is multiplied when applied to him, it must be very difficult because it has seeped into accepted culture nationally. It even culminated in him actually getting assaulted. I feel for him, cant be easy to deal with as his reaction to the miss showed. He wanted the ground to swallow him up, so he threw himself down on it.

Can’t agree. That miss changed the whole tone of the game. It gave both the Burnley players and their fans the belief they could get something out of the game

so? if we can't cope with Burnley at Turf Moor getting a bit excited because we missed an open goal then we will only win the league this season. That mentality isn't true of the squad and they had a lapse yesterday which will be used to motivate them going forward. If our team had the mentality you described, ingrained into them, then we'd be Arsenal. Every other player in the side should have continued doing their job even though Raheem fucked up, he cost us 2-0, he didn't cost us 1-0. Raheem's miss is no excuse for Walker or the rest of the side to let Burnley back in just because they got their hopes up.

Unlucky yesterday.
But people need to remember the games he has helped us win this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.