Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very injury prone. I've never seen him as a potential City player personally.
Would kill for him - and RM don't seem to value Bale. It'll be interesting to see what happens next Summer.

R/M will want to sign the superstar from the World Cup - and to do so, they may need to raise some capital - Bale may very well leave Madrid next window.

Would kill for him - and RM don't seem to value Bale. It'll be interesting to see what happens next Summer.

R/M will want to sign the superstar from the World Cup - and to do so, they may need to raise some capital - Bale may very well leave Madrid next window.
Isn't he boyhood Rag...? He'd die die to follow in Ryan Giggs footsteps......(I'll leave that one there).

I am not a fan. His technique is poor, can' t shoot from distance and his passing abysmal at times. He does not possess a good football brain which for me is crucial for a great player e.g. Silva and De Bruyne, e.g. his decision making where he very often chooses the wrong option. He has done well at times this season and his strength is his pace and hard work. However for me He has had a long run over several weeks of poor and ineffective performances including at least a couple of really bad misses in most of these games, Cardiff and WBA for example, culminating in yesterday with possibly the worst miss I can ever remember, which cost us the game. If he does that in a final he will cost us the trophy. Like it or not games hinge on taking these chances. He' s already got form, thd shocking miss v Liverpool at Wembley when we were on top which we eventually won in pens. Decent player and we've got quotas of home grown players to fill so he will probably stay but not good enough long term for me if other English options were available.
The worst City miss, or worst ever? If you're saying worst ever then you need to get onto YouTube. In fact, didn't motd show one of Ronaldo's for the Rags that was definitely worse.

Isn't he boyhood Rag...? He'd die die to follow in Ryan Giggs footsteps......(I'll leave that one there).
Maybe so - but who knows what MU's Director of Football will be after - sheer coincidence if it's Bale IMO.

IMO MU's transfer windows after the departure of Sir Red Nose have been all about bling - and not what's needed to play better football.

Sterling should have scored yesterday but shit happens,let’s not forget as kompany mentioned he has scored a few winning goals for us this season,although he does go from the sublime to the ridiculous,yesterday the perfect example and the absolute beauty against Southampton,in the next few games we could be waxing lyrical over him again after another goal from him ...

I am not a fan. His technique is poor, can' t shoot from distance and his passing abysmal at times. He does not possess a good football brain which for me is crucial for a great player e.g. Silva and De Bruyne, e.g. his decision making where he very often chooses the wrong option. He has done well at times this season and his strength is his pace and hard work. However for me He has had a long run over several weeks of poor and ineffective performances including at least a couple of really bad misses in most of these games, Cardiff and WBA for example, culminating in yesterday with possibly the worst miss I can ever remember, which cost us the game. If he does that in a final he will cost us the trophy. Like it or not games hinge on taking these chances. He' s already got form, thd shocking miss v Liverpool at Wembley when we were on top which we eventually won in pens. Decent player and we've got quotas of home grown players to fill so he will probably stay but not good enough long term for me if other English options were available.

Stopped reading at does not possess a good football brain.

Yes Sterling has missed some sitters. And yes, he should put away a few more of those.
Just a few questions,

1, Has he improved on his finishing?
2, Does he work hard on his finishing?
3, Does he get into enough positions, that create opportunities to score?

To me the answer to these three questions is undoubtably Yes. And to those who think he has no positional aptitude, you don’t get into the areas he does, without being extremely aware of what’s occurring around you!
Yes he may suffer from some kind of brain freeze in front of goal. But he’s the only one in the whole squad, who is consistently arriving for a clear opportunity on goal. Sterling is already on 19 goals this season, with still a possible 21 games to go!
The lad is 23, still learning his trade, give him a break and get behind him.

He’s top of the league......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.