Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
its the same on other threads. it doesnt matter what certain players do, people just dont like them. I've sat near someone who hates sterling, constantly criticizes him and moans even when he does score.

for some reason sterling seems to get more hatred from city fans then other players.. which i dont understand.
Criticism when he's on-form/scoring is retarded; on the other hand, Sterling is notoriously inconsistent - which builds up a bias. Prior frustration at perceived inconsistencies builds up - and any future mistake is seen in this light.

He is not poor the majority of the time.

He's scored 20 goals this season supposedly playing poorly. Imagine how many he'll get he starts playing well?

I feel embarrssed to be a Blue when I read some of the shit on this thread.

Criticism when he's on-form/scoring is retarded; on the other hand, Sterling is notoriously inconsistent - which builds up a bias. Prior frustration at perceived inconsistencies builds up - and any future mistake is seen in this light.

He's been consistently good this season which makes the criticism so infuriating.

It's like all his haters have been waiting for him to fuck up so they can all say I told you so.

Yaya and Bravo not playing, Kolarov, Dzeko and Mangala left. Looks like Raheem is the new go to guy.
Yaya pissed off many supporters due to his laziness on the pitch and shenanigans attributed to his agent; Bravo replaced a club legend and had a spectacular drop in form arguably worse than that experienced by Cesar/Casillas (Bravo will be forever disliked due to this); Kolarov was slow, great on offense, but was frequently caught out defensively, and was thus controversial; Dzeko just didn't fit our system(s) - (curiously, he might be a huge asset under Pep, as our pacy wing play results in frequent crosses - aerial cross are Dzeko's bread-and-butter); Mangala just isn't very good.

Sterling and, for that matter, Stones, have both been notoriously inconsistent prior to joining MC, showing streaks of brilliance, coupled with occasional inexplicably bad plays - they'll be under close scrutiny by some fans.

Last edited:
prior to joining MC,

giphy.webp

He's scored 20 goals this season supposedly playing poorly. Imagine how many he'll get he starts playing well?

I feel embarrssed to be a Blue when I read some of the shit on this thread.
That’s the thing though, there have been players playing in the front three in teams playing as well as we’ve been playing this season who’ve scored 50+ goals a season every season for years.

Sterling has the opportunities to be scoring fucking shit loads more than he is and should. He said it himself, “I know it takes me three chances to score and that’s not good enough, I need to be taking two or three of the three that come my way” in that interview with Neville.

He can see it and is open to say it, a lot of fans can see it, Pep has been seeing it and it came to a head yesterday.

A proper elite player getting the opportunities Sterling does would have banged in 30 goals this season. So while 20 is good and is a huge improvement, what’s been laid on a plate for him by our fantastic team and the coaching that’s seen him improve, he’s actually done worse than he should. In the last few weeks his finishing and close control have been pretty awful.

I like him, I want him to do well, but I’m not seeing someone who is going to be a long term mainstay of a Pep team who’ll be going for four trophies every season. We will sign that Sanchez or Mahrez or whoever else we’ll go for next window and it’s becuase Sterling isn’t elite.

That’s the thing though, there have been players playing in the front three in teams playing as well as we’ve been playing this season who’ve scored 50+ goals a season every season for years.

I can only think of two, Messi and Ronaldo.

Is there a home grown player who is better in his position that we could realistically sign to replace him? I can't think of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.