Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a high football intelligence to keep getting in scoring positions and I think his finishing will come, However his instinct to fall over at the slightest contact gets on my tits.

Without any shadow of a doubt, the most infuriating footballer I've ever watched.

Where are the doubters now? This lad is already world class and is going to get even better. Twenty one goals and thirty one goal involvements is absolutely mad when you consider he's twenty three.

You need a high football intelligence to keep getting in scoring positions and I think his finishing will come, However his instinct to fall over at the slightest contact gets on my tits.
I know, Lloris barely touched him!

One of the worst finishers I’ve ever seen. Utterly abysmal striking technique. Yet also one of the guys with the best movement I’ve ever seen. As a combo, that makes for endless frustration. He’s always in the right place, which means he’s always missing. But he gets so many chances that law of averages dictates some will go in. He’s amazingly awful and awfully amazing. A constant threat, and a constant frustration. Not many players like him, one of a kind.

Once again his posture when setting to strike the ball is more suited to Limbo Dancing because he's so back on his heels. Cannot fault his ability to cause mayhem when he runs at the opposition though and he creates so much but just lacks that finishing touch & not sure if he'll ever get it ,hope he does because its holding him back from being world class.

He couldnt finish a good dinner , but his approach play , hunger , workrate makes him one of the most dangerous forwards in the country , but he is a one in five player , if Jesus had been in the same situations as Sterling this season the golden boot would be in the bag , not sure you can coach finishing i think its a natural thing your born with. You can certainly improve but he will never be a 30 goals a season player like Kun , Dzeko and others , but he has so many attributes he causes chaos for the opposition , if he hasnt extended his contract then we should get it done asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.