Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Not wanting to defend the media and Liverpool fans for their tsunami of hypocrisy but Raheem was booed by opposition fans and not his own like Gomez. A better comparison would be with Xhaka perhaps?

In any event any Liverpool fan complaining should be forced to do the face to face education thing that Bernado has to do. And the England family need to think really hard about how their actions have led to this before they sanctimoniously bleat about supporting a player who the previous day was intent on winding up his international team mate as he faced an undeserved barrage of ignorant hate filled scousery.

Once again Sterling comes across as the only adult in the room and it takes a big man to apologise unreservedly and then ask for the booing (that could be seen as support of him) to stop.

Time for the media to show the same maturity and stop their creepy obsession with Raheem.

Sterling was booed and jeered by England fans for ages and many cheered when he was substituted. I do not condone Gomez getting stick but in spite of Sterlings statement he did nothing wrong I'm not sure I or many other fans believe that. He was giving it the big one right in Sterling's face when backed up by the vermin cult at Anfield, words were said. Even if he did nothing, which I find hard to believe, when with England, it was clear Sterling was calling him out for events at the Liverpool game. I do agree though it is that knob Southgate should be getting the stick.

And whats the effing difference between a few boos directed at a player ..and the gobshites at anfield screaming " one greedy bastard" at another?

With skysports shamelessly turning up the mic and letting the watching viewer hear this chsnt,swear words and all??

Now of course sky play up to victimpool fans and run with the story of poor gomez being heckled...Ycnmiu!!

The hypocrisy is high. No one in the media calling sky out about the double standards.
This last 5 days ( just noticed bbc leading with a" City lose appeal" headline" ) have been hard to take...i hope something posistive comes from all this flak,i really do.

you have never attended or watched a game with man city and daniel sturridge involved for the opposition.

Hypocrisy is indeed high.

Gomez probably did need consoling for the boos. I don't understand why some people on here think that because Sterling was not protected early in his career that now future young players have to suffer injustices that he did.

Sterling has said very clearly that Gomez did nothing wrong, and he shouldn't be booed for it. Raheem should never have been booed himself, and people should have called it out at the time, but maybe one of the reasons Southgate and the squad are criticising this so much is because they know what it did to Sterling (because he's there, in the leadership group and has told them) and won't let it happen again to another young player who doesn't deserve it.

A good point ... but maybe it’s wishful thinking?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.