Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Southgate's made a mountain out of a molehill here, it was hardly Bowyer and Dyer. He didn't have the balls to send Sterling home and gave a cop out 'punishment' by not including him in a game he knows England can cope without him for.

The pundits were joking about team bonding being needed when Gomez and Sterling clashed during the match, might have been an idea if Southgate or one of his flunkies had put a message out to them before the England squad met up if they were that concerned.

Absolute fuss about nothing and Sky covering it like its the Kennedy assassination. Embarrassing.

Biggest mystery is how Gomez is anywhere near the England squad in the first place.

If Southgate had a code of conduct and mutual respect within the squad and all the players were aware of this then I can see that probably felt he had to enforce his action no matter how important the player is to the squad. If not, seems a heavy handed approach to go public with it and drop Raheem for the next game.
Biggest mystery is how Gomez is anywhere near the England squad in the first place.

If Southgate had a code of conduct and mutual respect within the squad and all the players were aware of this then I can see that probably felt he had to enforce his action no matter how important the player is to the squad. If not, seems a heavy handed approach to go public with it and drop Raheem for the next game.

Repeatedly being said in media that Phil Foden needs to start and play regularly for City in the PL to be considered for the England squad. Yet since the first game of the season Gomes has been brought on 3 times for a total of 9 minutes. I suppose it makes a difference if you play for the referees' favourite team.

Yep, WTAF is Joe Gomez doing in the squad ?

Southgate is a wanker.

Hope England get twatted.
If you play for the right club, the world is your oyster. Phil Neville and Nicky Butt got 98 caps between them. If they had been playing for Stoke, Wigan, Norwich etc etc (you get my drift), how many caps would they have accrued?

Yep, WTAF is Joe Gomez doing in the squad ?

Southgate is a wanker.

Hope England get twatted.

He will be in as a favour to his agent and because a well supported club player brings media attention and bums on seats.

Listening today , the ‘golden generation ‘.....southgates ‘success’, was I on holiday , this England team is bang average built up by a pathetic media.Southgate is no Guardiola & personally I hope they get leathered .

Southgate didn't, it looks like Liverpool players leaked it to a scouse Journalist who then asked the FA for comment.

So Gareth, what does the family want to do about players leaking info to journalists?

Indeed. No doubt at all, this came from LFC or LFC players, facilitated by Paul Joyce the LFC propoganda agent. An important issue in itself.

The obsessive bitterness from LFC is getting to the point of weirdness. This is over 5 years of briefing against him, in a particularly unfavourable way. Even Brenda Rodgers said the press articles, which were clearly LFC briefings, did not reflect reality in terms of Sterling's behaviour and that Sterling was no trouble, apart from wanting to leave, of course.

I do hope Sterling is shown our full support for when he returns for the Chelsea match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.