Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

He wanted to be closer to his family in London, can understand that seen as he has been away for them for so long, but its caned his career. But let's be honest, he was distinctly average for us in his last season at City. Clearly didn't have the minerals to fight for his spot, the deal has worked out well for us and he's getting paid a fortune at Chelsea.
I'm not sure it's moving to London (or Chelsea in particular) that's done for his career, he's just done (or at least on even more of a wane). I don't think we'd be saying any different regardless of where he was playing. I know he's only 29 yet but he started very, very young and that doesn't always guarantee a longer top career than a late starter.

Made me want to claw my eyes out with frustration. I could not stand Sterling as a player one bit. Was fucking delighted when he left. He did try his best to be fair to him but I don't miss him. Even in his objectively good seasons he was way off the technical ability of his team mates, 90% of his goals were from running to the back post.

Made me want to claw my eyes out with frustration. I could not stand Sterling as a player one bit. Was fucking delighted when he left. He did try his best to be fair to him but I don't miss him. Even in his objectively good seasons he was way off the technical ability of his team mates, 90% of his goals were from running to the back post.

A really tough player to watch but so effective. The majority of his goals were tap ins but he was excellent at getting into those positions and I think people downplay the significance of his impact in our side at times. He's a confidence player and when he's on it he's brilliant and when he's not his whole game is dire. He's never had a brilliant touch or technique, but he's been effective and 131 goals in 339 appearances for City is one hell of an impact. 91 in 225 in the league. No other wide player for City comes anywhere close to that.

He wasn't a player that fit naturally with Pep's tactics as they evolved with us and we've been a better team since he left. He's declined at Chelsea. He isn't in form and their fans will turn on him rather than support him. He's not going to be in the Euro's squad and he left without winning the CL. The move has worked a lot better for us than him.

With Sergio leading the line. That Centurions side was arguably the most exciting side to watch during the Pep era, moreso than even last season's team, which was a more ruthless, streetwise side. But they, again arguably, underachieved in not winning the CL. It was certainly a good enough team to do it. It always makes me feel a bit sad that Vinnie, Sergio, Dave and Fern didn't get their hands on that overgrown vase.

We'd have won that CL comfortably if we didn't have to face Liverpool. We've never beat an English side in Europe and Anfield is also a shit ground for us.

He missed massively important tap in goals for us that would of made easier for CV us as a club.

The truth is he just cant be trusted when in front of an open goal or in a counter attack chance. He fucks up

The greatest wide forward goal scorer in the history of the club.

The wide players today can only dream of getting the amount of goals that Sterling did for us - he even got 31 in 19/20.

He missed some chances but it was his world class movement which got him there in the first place.

He did go at the right time though since there was clearly a decline setting in in terms of his overall performance level.

Last edited:
I felt he started the season very well at Chelsea. Looked reinvigorated, and their most dangerous attacker. Seemed to have declined after Palmer joined and he was shifted to the left.

Bang on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.