Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

He's not been missed for 1 second and will never be mentioned in the same terms as Sergio, Vincent, David, Gundog, Yaya, Zaba, etc.

He deserves credit for what he achieved when with us imo, but I don't miss him because he was so frustrating, and I will never consider him as comparable to those listed.

To be totally honest I don't really remember how James played that night. I tend to focus more on our players and my recollection is of Sterling having had a poor game. I must admit to not having watched the game since that night though.

Regardless, I am of the opinion that a winger has had a poor game if he can't be effective in some way against the opposing full back. Same for any other player.
Which is sort of my point .....you have to analyse sometimes why a player had a poor game..sometimes they are not fit ( lethargic) there touch just isn't there ,..they don't see enough of the ball,..they miss chance after presentable chance, they don't pass when they should have done etc etc.

In the CL final against Chelsea,Reece James made superb challenge after challenge,matched Sterling for pace,and out muscled him time after time ....have a look at the footage of the whole match ( in particular the 1st 30 mins) maybe and you,'ll see what I mean..

Lots of wingers playing on their weaker side do not play as well as they should against a top quality right back who,in my opinion is the best in the World.

Consider this...if James had been selected at left back for Chelsea in that final against a right sided,fleet footed winger ie Sterling ..what do you think the outcome would be?.. He,d be fucked.

No real surprise is it?

He caused shit moving from QPR to the Dippers, Then burned his bridges with the Dippers to move to us, Then burned his bridges with alot of City fans by talking bollocks when he joined Chelsea...

He can go fuck himself.

We absolutely fleeced Chelsea!

He can't play for Chelsea again after coming out with that crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.