Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Good luck to Raheem. A could solid player but not a legend for us. He played his part but now it's time to move on.

Best of luck to Raz. Was a great servant to the club and crucial in the early successes under Pep. Had all gone but stale for him though so think it is the right move for all parties (a bit like Jesus deal).

Raheem Sterling, he was top of the league…

No need to be aggressive.

I'll stand by what I say. Loved sterling when he was on blob, unplayable when he was at it, season 17/18 he was a beast.

We're all entitled to our opinions pal but these last 18 months he's not wanted to be here.

Gabby gave a farewell interview and he was here for less time than Raz. Maybe he gave a shit about us and took time to make the video in-between playing for Brazil, moving house, having a newborn kid, moving teams, travelling here and there.

He didn't have to give an interview, I'm sure him, ferna and Raz got asked would they like to yes or no. Raz maybe declined.
I reckon it was a mix of his personality plus the fact he was crucified in the media for pretty much everything he did for the first 3-4 years of his City Career -so he kept his head down and said nothing. He was in a no win situation. As we all know absolutely anything in the media detrimental to EPL players would be accompanied by a picture of Raz in his City Kit. The Turning Point Ironically came at the Bridge with the abuse he was given taking a Corner from the Local Vermin.

We never made it, he did.

I'll go as far as to say he won't get 15 goals near the Viking next season.

It's the best piece of transfer brokering we have done in our history, in terms of finding any club acceptable to him that was also prepared to hand us our original outlay back and earning the salary he does.

Coupled with his downgrade in form over 18 months, City and Raheem have got very lucky on this one.

I know City are very happy how this has turned out.
Not surprised they’ve got 50m and save £15m in wages over the next 12 months. £65m swing because Chelsea are desperate

I reckon it was a mix of his personality plus the fact he was crucified in the media for pretty much everything he did for the first 3-4 years of his City Career -so he kept his head down and said nothing. He was in a no win situation. As we all know absolutely anything in the media detrimental to EPL players would be accompanied by a picture of Raz in his City Kit. The Turning Point Ironically came at the Bridge with the abuse he was given taking a Corner from the Local Vermin.
Thank you for a civil reply, it's kind of what I've been saying about him, he comes across as aloof and distant sometimes.
He has had lots of crap come his way like you've mentioned in your post and that's got his guard up.

He divides opinion but I just don't feel gutted that he's gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.