Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay but I'm telling you as someone who has watched every game of Sterling's career and over 100 games of Coutinho's that Coutinho is currently the better of the two. Anyone who has watched both week in, week out would tell you the same, whether you asked them now, last month or last year. If you think Coutinho is shite then fair enough but I assure you, you've just spent £49m on a player who is currently worse (albeit with greater potential).

Sterling will be playing with better players and that's the difference.

We were pretty damn poor all season we barely got out of 2nd gear. Sterling too was poor, did you watch him play? He is a prospect, a 20 year old with great potential, but hes more about potential like Oxlade Chamberlain.

If Sterling was at Arsenal hed be on the bench with Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott.

If Walcott and Ox were with us, theyd be playing first team football, put it that way.

Fucking bollocks, if he was at Arsenal he'd have two FA cup winners medals you mean!!!

I bet Walcott and Oxlade are gutted they're not playing first team football in Liverpool, 'put it that way'.

Okay but I'm telling you as someone who has watched every game of Sterling's career and over 100 games of Coutinho's that Coutinho is currently the better of the two. Anyone who has watched both week in, week out would tell you the same, whether you asked them now, last month or last year. If you think Coutinho is shite then fair enough but I assure you, you've just spent £49m on a player who is currently worse (albeit with greater potential).

I hope we've kept the receipt then.

"Sterling too was poor"

I wonder why the player who can't wait to leave Liverpool and Rodgers, who played him so far out of position to the extent of wing back, may have played below his previous standard. Especially near the end of the season when the club's own fans gave him abuse from the stands and death threats and racial abuse on social media... It's a toughie, it'll take me a while to figure it out.

You could make the same argument for any player though, whoever you buy.

That's why it's a moot point and a dumb thing to be discussing. I said before to another one of your lot, we get the message, we know how you feel. It's pointless debating things whilst an historical airbrushing of Sterling's ability and past accolades is taking place.

We were pretty damn poor all season we barely got out of 2nd gear. Sterling too was poor, did you watch him play? He is a prospect, a 20 year old with great potential, but hes more about potential like Oxlade Chamberlain.

If Sterling was at Arsenal hed be on the bench with Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott.

If Walcott and Ox were with us, theyd be playing first team football, put it that way.
I never said he was great last yr,but you put so much pressure on his shoulders. When you sold Suarez you thought you could supplement with 2 rate..

I will tell you something, and I do like scousers but I remember when we lost the likes of Clive Wilson to Chelsea,Lomas to West Ham and even David Phillips to Coventry. We have had shite so now we have got some fantasic owners. Please give me a trueful answer.Would you want what we have now?

"Sterling too was poor"

I wonder why the player who can't wait to leave Liverpool and Rodgers, who played him so far out of position to the extent of wing back, may have played below his previous standard. Especially near the end of the season when the club's own fans gave him abuse from the stands and death threats and racial abuse on social media... It's a toughie, it'll take me a while to figure it out.

He won the european golden boy award at the end of 2014. Mostly for what he did in the previous season. At the time he won the award he was already looking jaded which is why we gave him a mini holiday.

Hes been pretty average all season, i cant recall a period when hes been on fire , doing really well. You could say he was played out of position a number of times, the transfer talk muddied his mind etc.. but then youre buying him for £49million off the back of the 2013/2014 season, certainly not last season.

He won the european golden boy award at the end of 2014. Mostly for what he did in the previous season. At the time he won the award he was already looking jaded which is why we gave him a mini holiday.

Hes been pretty average all season, i cant recall a period when hes been on fire , doing really well. You could say he was played out of position a number of times, the transfer talk muddied his mind etc.. but then youre buying him for £49million off the back of the 2013/2014 season, certainly not last season.

All semantics. We're buying him because he's a fucking good player as he stands today, he could be a very fucking good player over the next 5 years, if he is we'll keep him longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.