Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City set to make final £40million bid for Raheem Sterling after Liverpool seal the signing of Brazil star Roberto Firmino

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

• Liverpool signed Roberto Firmino for £29million on Wednesday
  • Manchester City have seen two bids for Raheem Sterling rejected
  • Their owners have sanctioned a final offer of £40m plus bonuses
  • Sterling turned down a £100,000-a-week contract offer at Anfield
By Chris Wheeler for the Daily Mail

Published: 22:30, 24 June 2015 | Updated: 22:30, 24 June 2015

Manchester City are set to make a third bid for Raheem Sterling following Liverpool’s £29million capture of Roberto Firmino.

City were also tracking Firmino but have made Sterling one of their top summer targets and are ready to try again after two unsuccessful bids of £25m and £35m plus add-ons.

It is understood that City’s Abu Dhabi owners have sanctioned a final offer of £40m in cash with bonuses that will push the deal closer to the £50m Liverpool are demanding for the unsettled England star.

Liverpool, who will pay an initial £22m to Hoffenheim for Firmino, do not need to sell Sterling to finance the deal for his Brazilian replacement and are unlikely to soften in their bargaining stance with City.

But managing director Ian Ayre, who is due back on Merseyside later on Thursday after negotiating the Firmino deal at the Copa America in Chile, still has other transfer business with Liverpool in the market for Southampton’s £15m-rated right-back Nathaniel Clyne as well as a striker

If they have their minds set on £50 million then just pay them the sodding £50 million. If the £40 million bid is true I see them rejecting that one as well as that will barely cover their Firmino cost once QPR have had their slice of the pie. I have no idea why we are trying to haggle over what in football and especially to a club with owners like ours is a drop in the ocean.

Aye clearly, I just find it strange that said people would give out the information considering it could be damaging to your club but I guess that is the price if you are an attention seeking whore.

Personally, I think the vast majority of self-proclaimed "ITK" accounts are bollocks. I can't imagine any high ranking employee would risk their position by deliberately leaking information, unless they had a real axe to grind with their employer.

It's far more feasible, though, to envisage a scenario whereby information filters down to the staff. I imagine football clubs, like most companies, are rife with rumours, gossip, speculation and facts about the business's dealings amongst their employees.

It may not always be true, but it doesn't take a huge leap of faith to imagine that information sometimes leaks out into the public domain. It isn't that implausible. You'll never get complete secrecy at high-profile institutions like football clubs.

Does anybody think the delay in signing players could be because we are awaiting the news of ffp ammendments on July 1st?

Hi birchwoodgingerste, as the Belgium courts agreed to put a hold on phase 2 of the FFP rules earlier this week, I'm not sure how many changes can be made to the FFP rules....if anything the rules are likely to now be "relaxed" a little, so would be surprised if this was the reason not to get deals agreed...just my opinion!;)

Does anybody think the delay in signing players could be because we are awaiting the news of ffp ammendments on July 1st?

I'd be pretty surprised if we weren't already privy to the FFP amendments, so doubt that's influencing any announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.