Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not like we are signing a whole new 11, right? Ok, lets say we don't get KDB until about a week or 2 before the season starts- would you say we should pull out of the deal just because we didn't have enough time to get him ready for the season? if we beat Chelsea and make a mess of the remaining games would we get the title ? there's more than enough time for the new signings to get ready. The squad is ageing and we need to spend a lot of cash, saving 10M from Sterlings transfer and then using that amount to strengthen the squad doesn't sound like a bad idea to me besides we don't want other clubs to have this idea of us being a club that meets up with every ridiculous quotation thrown at us.

You're forgetting that one of the biggest factors in a transfer is the players desire to move to the new club.

What message is it sending to Sterling and future transfer targets if they know we might be willing to back out of a deal for as little as £5m?

We haven't got pull of Barcelona or Real Madrid but trust is a rare commodity and if players know we will do everything we can to get them then they'll do everything they can to make the deal happen. If Sterling turns round to Liverpool and says I only want to join City, it puts the power in our hands. It won't matter if other clubs are interested in future deals if players know we'll be true to our word in discussions with their agents, they'll want to come to only us and that's a long term strength, not a short term fuck off over £5m.

You're forgetting that one of the biggest factors in a transfer is the players desire to move to the new club.

What message is it sending to Sterling and future transfer targets if they know we might be willing to back out of a deal for as little as £5m?

We haven't got pull of Barcelona or Real Madrid but trust is a rare commodity and if players know we will do everything we can to get them then they'll do everything they can to make the deal happen. If Sterling turns round to Liverpool and says I only want to join City, it puts the power in our hands. It won't matter if other clubs are interested in future deals if players know we'll be true to our word in discussions with their agents, they'll want to come to only us and that's a long term strength, not a short term fuck off over £5m.

I think he has already done that but he wouldn't want to go public with it as he could incur the wrath of the fans. Power is already in our hands, we just have to realize that it is. Make them desperate and we hold all the cards but like I said earlier on, If Txiki wants to get him for 50M fine, if he decides to wait it out fine. Its not my call.

Last edited:
I think he has already done that but he wouldn't want to go public with it as he could incur the wrath of the fans. Power is already in our hands, we just have to realize that is. Make them desperate and we hold all the cards but like I said earlier on, If Txiki wants to get him for 50M fine, if he decides to wait it out fine. Its not my call.

So Liverpool hold out for £50m even on deadline day and we refuse the deal.

Next season we tell Jordan Ibe we want him and we'll do everything in our power to get him. Chelsea and Arsenal also want him. What reassurance would us pulling the plug on a deal over £5m be that we'll do everything we can to get him?

No other clubs are attempting to get Strrling, De Bruyne, Delph or even Pogba now because they know that the players want to join us and us only. That's the real bargaining power. You don't even risk a long term strategy for a short term win.

So Liverpool hold out for £50m even on deadline day and we refuse the deal.

Next season we tell Jordan Ibe we want him and we'll do everything in our power to get him. Chelsea and Arsenal also want him. What reassurance would us pulling the plug on a deal over £5m be that we'll do everything we can to get him?

No other clubs are attempting to get Strrling, De Bruyne, Delph or even Pogba now because they know that the players want to join us and us only. That's the real bargaining power. You don't even risk a long term strategy for a short term win.

I hope you are right about these 2, especially with Bayern and Barca interested.

I hope you are right about these 2, especially with Bayern and Barca interested.

I may not be, it was just trying to illustrate to you how a long term business strategy is far better than a short term quick fix.

That said the lack of press coverage for two world class players who are available and subsequently not linked to other top European teams is a definite positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.