Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes you are spot on, no doubt other clubs will completely ignore the fact we spent £71m on Pogba and £50m on De Bruyne and think we are not going to be a soft touch because we saved £5m on Sterling.

Are you honestly that stupid?

Read my previous post very well. They are asking for 50M but I am saying we can hold out for deadline day, make them desperate, turn the tables around and get him for 35M or 40M on deadline day. That way we would have saved 15M to 10M, which would be the exact same amount we would spend on Delph or Fabinho IF we sign either one of them. Sterling is leaving, he can't turn back now and it seems like we are the only one interested - There's no need going crazy about something that would definitely happen. Its not about saving 5M, its about doing good business, at the end of the day its not my call or your call. I am sure Txiki and the rest of them know just what to do.

Read my previous post very well. They are asking for 50M but I am saying we can hold out for deadline day, make them desperate and then turn the tables around and get him for 35M or 40M on deadline day and save 15M to 10M, which would be the exact same amount we would've spent on Delph IF we get him. Sterling is leaving, he can't turn back now and it looks like we are the only one interested - There's no need going crazy about something that would definitely happen. Its not about saving 5M, its about doing good business, at the end of the day its not my call or your call. I am sure Txiki and the rest of them know just what to do.

But that makes no sense. Why is saving 10/15 million more important than having the player ready and available when the season kicks off. You realise we play Chelsea 2nd game of the season right?

Read my previous post very well. They are asking for 50M but I am saying we can hold out for deadline day, make them desperate and then turn the tables around and get him for 35M or 40M on deadline day and save 15M to 10M, which would be the exact same amount we would've spent on Delph IF we get him. Sterling is leaving, he can't turn back now and it looks like we are the only one interested - There's no need going crazy about something that would definitely happen. Its not about saving 5M, its about doing good business, at the end of the day its not my call or your call. I am sure Txiki and the rest of them know just what to do.
I'm sure Txiki does and when he signs this week you will realise how ridiculous your idea of fucking up our pre season really was.

Well let's home they have more business savvy than you

But that makes no sense. Why is saving 10/15 million more important than having the player ready and available when the season kicks off. You realise we play Chelsea 2nd game of the season right?

Its not like we are signing a whole new 11, right? Ok, lets say we don't get KDB until about a week or 2 before the season starts- would you say we should pull out of the deal just because we didn't have enough time to get him ready for the season? if we beat Chelsea and make a mess of the remaining games would we get the title ? there's more than enough time for the new signings to get ready. The squad is ageing and we need to spend a lot of cash, saving 10M from Sterlings transfer and then using that amount to strengthen the squad doesn't sound like a bad idea to me besides we don't want other clubs to have this idea of us being a club that meets up with every ridiculous quotation thrown at us.

Its not like we are signing a whole new 11, right? Ok, lets say we don't get KDB until about a week or 2 before the season starts- would you say we should pull out of the deal just because we didn't have enough time to get him ready for the season? if we beat Chelsea and make a mess of the remaining games would we get the title ? there's more than enough time for the new signings to get ready. The squad is ageing and we need to spend a lot of cash, saving 10M from Sterlings transfer and then using that amount to strengthen the squad doesn't sound like a bad idea to me besides we don't want other clubs to have this idea of us being a club that meets up with every ridiculous quotation thrown at us.

It's not about pulling out of deals because they're not done quickly - it's about ensuring deals get done quickly which is what it looks like the club are going to do.

Also players don't always get cheaper as the window gets closer to closing - sometimes they get more expensive because the selling club have less time to find a replacement.

The idea of waiting until deadline day on the strength of saving a bit of cash is ludicrous. It is far more important to have players taking part in pre-season that shaving 5-10mil off a 50mil transfer - if we were skint, then there might be an argument for holding out and chancing it. But we are not, so let's get them in sharpish

It's not about pulling out of deals because they're not done quickly - it's about ensuring deals get done quickly which is what it looks like the club are going to do.

Also players don't always get cheaper as the window gets closer to closing - sometimes they get more expensive because the selling club have less time to find a replacement.

Sterling IS going, scratch that- I would say he is gone! His foot is already out of the door and there's no way he's going back now. This is like when Nasri left Arsenal, There is no going back and we are the only ones in for him. We need to wait this one out, they would get desperate and then we can turn the tables round. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if the club can get the deals done quickly BUT not for figures that would make us look silly at the transfer market. We would still negotiate more transfers in the future and other clubs have their eyes on this transfer, they want to see who blinks first. We are no longer in the desperate position we were in some years back, we should sit back and force LFC to blink on this one. I only used deadline day as an example but I believe we could get them desperate even before deadline day.

Sterling IS going, scratch that- I would say he is gone! His foot is already out of the door and there's no way he's going back now. This is like when Nasri left Arsenal, There is no going back and we are the only ones in for him. We need to wait this one out, they would get desperate and then we can turn the tables round. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if the club can get the deals done quickly BUT not for figures that would make us look silly at the transfer market. We would still negotiate more transfers in the future and other clubs have their eyes on this transfer, they want to see who blinks first. We are no longer in the desperate position we were in some years back, we should sit back and force LFC to blink on this one. I only used deadline day as an example but I believe we could get them desperate even before deadline day.

I have a slight suspicion that Cheeky will ignore your cunning and well thought out plan and Raheem will be here soon rather than deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.