Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
kippax4ever said:
Ballertelli said:
cibaman said:
Why are players and their agents so thick?

Why didnt just keep quiet for another week or two? Season over, awards ceremonies out of the way?

Well the answer is simple... It works! Sure it might make this time harder for Sterling but it's forcing liverpool's hand. fans booed him at their awards ceremony and it sounds like he has lost the backing of his teammates. It's kindof like what yaya is doing to us if you think about it, only we aren't a cult of c**** that blame a kid for wanting to leave.

Sterling said in an interview with BBC Sport last month that his contract impasse was nothing to do with money, rather about his desire to win trophies, after it emerged that he had been made what Rodgers described as "an incredible offer", believed to be B£100,000-a-week.

But that held little sway with Carragher.

He said: "Liverpool had a chance of trophy this year, in the (FA Cup) semi-final against Aston Villa – where was Raheem Sterling?

"What did Liverpool do in the Champions League this year? Nothing. What did Raheem Sterling do? Nothing.

"The semi-final was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Liverpool team in a big game – not just him, the whole team were found wanting, but if he wants to win trophies he's got to deliver in big games, and he hasn't done that yet.

Fking carragher bullying the lad or what
So he's putting all the hopes and expectations of the club on the shoulders of that young lad, no one else's fault, what about stevie's nice little slip that cost em big time.
As has been pointed out its like a cult you dare not leave without fear of retribution

It's being reported that we're offering him £200k a week now! Yeah right!

I guess the media are in full swing with the money bags City narrative now alongside the greedy player only going for the £££ stories despite him repeatedly saying it's not about the money.

All these ex players just can't seem to fathom that a player would ever want to leave Liverpool even though they've only won one league cup since 2006, have only qualified for the champions League once in six years and haven't won the league in 26. They're a second tier selling club and have been for a while, they need to deal with it.

Probably should've posted this in the agenda thread.

Don't understand what all the fuss is about.....City,Chelsea,Arsenal or Munich would clearly be a "step up" in his career.
Do these cunts not want a young English talent to improve his game?

I suspect he will leave the club despite the vitriolic bile coming from the club and fans, something slippy steve did not have the courage to do..! Good luck to him, he's a talent for sure and destined to win trophies away from Klanfield.

kippax4ever said:
Liverpool ledgends slam raheem sterling..

Sterling has already rejected a new deal with the club worth £100,000-a-week and wants out of Anfield.

Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea are all weighing up bids for the England winger.

But his stance has provoked a storm of criticism from some of the biggest names ever to play for Liverpool.

Former Reds winger John Barnes said: "Does anyone believe that if he goes to Manchester City he will be the first name on the team sheet?

"He will not become a regular for them. We have seen it with players in the past like Scott Sinclair.

"Raheem has not achieved anything, he has not won anything.

"Raheem has great potential but Liverpool gave him an opportunity and he should stay for a couple of years.

Raheem SterlingWANTED: Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are all monitoring Raheem Sterling's availability [GETTY]
“The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. The manager cannot keep an unhappy player”
John Barnes
"The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. The manager cannot keep an unhappy player."

Sky Sports pundit Phil Thompson, a former player and coach at Anfield, went even further.

Thompson said: "Raheem Sterling is not the superstar that he perceives himself to be.

"I don't even think he is actually worth the money he is asking for. For him to be asking for £150,000 is basically greed."

Thompson also believes Sterling has already agreed to join one of Liverpool's Premier League rivals.

He said: "You know what is going on. In the background, I would probably think a deal has been done with someone."

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher also blew his top at Sterling live on Sky Sports during Monday Night Football.

He said: "I'd be embarrassed to walk into training tomorrow and show my face to everyone; even the lady on the reception.

"Raheem Sterling is a great kid. He needs to change his agent. That's the one thing he needs to change.

"For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool Football Club, there's nothing worse."

Didnt he win the Golden Boy in 2014??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Boy_(award)

Vincents Tackle said:
It's being reported that we're offering him £200k a week now! Yeah right!

I guess the media are in full swing with the money bags City narrative now alongside the greedy player only going for the £££ stories despite him repeatedly saying it's not about the money.

All these ex players just can't seem to fathom that a player would ever want to leave Liverpool even though they've only won one league cup since 2006, have only qualified for the champions League once in six years and haven't won the league in 26. They're a second tier selling club and have been for a while, they need to deal with it.

Probably should've posted this in the agenda thread.

well its definitely on then as the media bullshit has gone into overdrive!!!!

If City really are after this muppet then I think my decision to not renew my season card was 100% correct.

He is an overrated egotistical, too big for his boots twat and I'm glad I will not be contributing to his coming here (if he does).

BigJoe#1 said:
If City really are after this muppet then I think my decision to not renew my season card was 100% correct.

He is an overrated egotistical, too big for his boots twat and I'm glad I will not be contributing to his coming here (if he does).

Have you never moved jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.