Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because that £5m is the difference between an acceptable price for a player and an unacceptable price.
I understand that, but we obviously think Sterling is the player for us. Given his age and what he has ahead of him, £5m is nothing to us if we have him for the next ten years.

If we don't spend it on him, I dread to think what we will do with the money considering we have to buy English and Sterling and Delphi are out of the picture.

Who does that really leave. I could easily see us spending £30m on a couple of quota filling squad players.

Signing players is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

You have to get them interested, which takes time.
Then convince them you're the right one for them with offers they can't refuse.
Make sure you ward off other evil suitors, particularly cockneys and smooth Spaniards.
Then entice the object of your desires over, before showing them just how big you've become.
Once they see that, it's time to seal the deal
Then you spunk your load.

In this case £150 million load.

You're wasted on here sunshine. Pmsl.

If we'd signed Sterling, we wouldn't have signed Sinclair. If we'd signed Hazard we might have done.

And perhaps Pogba or Sterling will do the same two years from now if they sign for us or win the Champions League with Barca.

Where the fuck are Chelsea Arsenal & Utd ? Money issues perhaps ?
United have bought Deepay, Darmian and are about to sign Schweinsteiger. That's a £65m outlay.

Chelse don't really need anyone. They've replaced Drogba with Falcao. They look very organised to me. Presumably because they didn't umm and ahh over a few million for their number one targets in the first place.

I understand that, but we obviously think Sterling is the player for us. Given his age and what he has ahead of him, £5m is nothing to us if we have him for the next ten years.

It could be the difference between a value for money signing and a not value for money signing. If overpaying £5m is nothing for sterling, then it's nothing for Pogba, nothing for De Bruyne, nothing for Unal etc etc. Clubs know that we have no limits to what we're prepared to spend so they set their values accordingly.

It's just bad practice to not have a spending limit, or to exceed it every time you havent sealed the deal in the first week.

If we don't spend it on him, I dread to think what we will do with the money considering we have to buy English and Sterling and Delphi are out of the picture.

Who does that really leave. I could easily see us spending £30m on a couple of quota filling squad players.

Your lack of confidence is up to you. But as far as I know we are still in the market for Sterling and are still favourites to sign him.

United have bought Deepay, Darmian and are about to sign Schweinsteiger. That's a £65m outlay.

Chelse don't really need anyone. They've replaced Drogba with Falcao. They look very organised to me. Presumably because they didn't umm and ahh over a few million for their number one targets in the first place.

Rubbish.

You could just as easily say City didn't need anyone last season. It's all about circumstances & money, not the 'City are worse than everybody else & nothing will happen' crap, that some of you are pushing in every thread.

Chelsea would love to have Pogba & Sterling.

Why do you think Sterling is out of the picture?

It could be the difference between a value for money signing and a not value for money signing. If overpaying £5m is nothing for sterling, then it's nothing for Pogba, nothing for De Bruyne, nothing for Unal etc etc. Clubs know that we have no limits to what we're prepared to spend so they set their values accordingly.

It's just bad practice to not have a spending limit, or to exceed it every time you havent sealed the deal in the first week.

Your lack of confidence
Well mate if we don't, someone else will and we'll be chasing a bunch of second choice targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.