Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont deny that. And if we buy Benteke hes over priced too.

But at the same time youve paid £32million for Mangala, £34million Fernandinho. £28 million Bony. £49 million Sterling.
Fernandinho is worth every penny as is Bony.Mangala certainly needs to up his game,but after only one season we`ll cut him some slack. He certainly needs to improve on last season.
Most City fans will agree that the money we paid you for young Sterling was more than we would have liked,but I trust our money men and if he`s signing a 5 year contract then for £10M per season and we win more trophies then it will be seen as money well spent.
Any transfer is a gamble.How many crap players did the Fat Waiter buy during his tenure at Anfield and how many were value for money.Answers on a postage stamp please.

Borini - 10.5 mil
Joe Allen - 15 (Yep... 15!) mil
Lallana - 25! mil
Lovren - 20 mil
Markovic - 20 mil

All signed under Rodgers.... how you can criticize City's signing is beyond belief! That's also ignoring the 20 mil you spunked on Downing and 35 on horse face!

We criticise our signings too you know!

Will we piss away the £49 million? Most probably given our recent track record. Dont think we havent discussed that over and over in our forums too. But it is way too much what you paid for Sterling, essentially a prospect.

If Sterling is £49million then Oxlade Chamberlain is worth £41-42million. Thats how id compare the 2.

Borini - 10.5 mil
Joe Allen - 15 (Yep... 15!) mil
Lallana - 25! mil
Lovren - 20 mil
Markovic - 20 mil

All signed under Rodgers.... how you can criticize City's signing is beyond belief! That's also ignoring the 20 mil you spunked on Downing and 35 on horse face!

Don't forget the wonderful, unstoppable Aquilani, what was he, £21m?

Made a HUGE impact on the English game.

Raheem Sterling our best player? I dont think so.

What player are you watching? Coutinho is our best player.

Sterlings best season was 2013/2014 and arguably even Henderson was more important that season than Sterling.

Sterling is a good prospect, but for £49million id want a quality player, not someone who might be quality.

Coutinho will be out of there next season unless you qualify for the CL and he's not all that.

Henderson? It's funny you mention him from that year, although a lot was made of Steven George slipping and giving the ball to Demba Ba (how does the song go again?), and your gobshite manager going all guns blazing against Chelsea and Palace instead of being smart tactically, I think a huge point that is often overlooked is Henderson's red card against us which resulted in him missing 3 of the last 4 matches in the run in.
Yes he was in a good period form wise but his silly red card and resulting ban added to your difficulties in the Chelsea and Palace games, if I recall he missed both of those games due to his suspension.
What I saw from Sterling that year was frightening. A 18/19 year old tearing up the league, he was/has been deserving of the praise and accolades he has received since. Regardless of what you or the media think or say the blues I have spoken to are buzzing we have taken away your golden boy, they're not bothered about the price - why would any of us be bothered about the price? We're not paying it.

Will we piss away the £49 million? Most probably given our recent track record. Dont think we havent discussed that over and over in our forums too. But it is way too much what you paid for Sterling, essentially a prospect.

If Sterling is £49million then Oxlade Chamberlain is worth £41-42million. Thats how id compare the 2.

Andy Carroll, £35m.

And you say we are overpaying for Sterling.

The Carroll case is proven, Sterling hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

Fernandinho is worth every penny as is Bony.Mangala certainly needs to up his game,but after only one season we`ll cut him some slack. He certainly needs to improve on last season.
Most City fans will agree that the money we paid you for young Sterling was more than we would have liked,but I trust our money men and if he`s signing a 5 year contract then for £10M per season and we win more trophies then it will be seen as money well spent.
Any transfer is a gamble.How many crap players did the Fat Waiter buy during his tenure at Anfield and how many were value for money.Answers on a postage stamp please.
How many has the the walking grief master bought recently. Totally out of his depth

Can't wait for West Brom away, hope Sterling starts and shows all those bitter dippers what they're missing. Disgusting how the Liverpool faithful have handled this all, and all the hate just because he wanted to move to a better club. Liverpool living in the past.

Coutinho is a highlights player.

That makes no sense. Coutinho is rated higher than Sterling on current ability by the people who watch both regularly. It's only those who don't watch them play frequently, relying mainly on highlights, claiming Sterling is currently the better of the two.

You won't be getting £49m. You'll be getting £44m up front and QPR will take £8m away from that. It'll all go on Benteke who will probably succumb to the Liverpool transfer curse of becoming inexplicably shite after his transfer. The media will still spin it positively though so no worries there.

That makes no sense. Coutinho is rated higher than Sterling on current ability by the people who watch both regularly. It's only those who don't watch them play frequently, relying mainly on highlights, claiming Sterling is currently the better of the two.

I know all fans are guilty of overrating their players, but Liverpool fans are almost as bad as rags for doing it. If Coutinho improves every year, by the time he's 30 he might be half as good as David Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.