Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's complaining tbf. He's just saying if there's more gametime available elsewhere he'd be up for it.

If this is the end, it'd be really important for us not to make the same errors the Liverpool fans did.

I.e, he's complaining. Passively, but still clearly implied.

I have no issue with that, he has every right to think and say what he likes. Pep won't like it, he also won't give much of a fuck, won't be the first player unhappy at not getting as many minutes as he wants.

I'm a raheem basher in the slightest. I am however gutted Torres is injured because I do honestly think he is currently the more potent player and would have loved to see him get more of raz's time on the pitch.

What? £80m in my book, and that was the reduced ask. If you consider how much PSG rejected Mbappe for 1 year contract, and Tottenham rejected £125m (rumour) for Harry Kane, means £45m more than Sterling.

With the price you said, are you telling me Sterling is £80m less than Harry Kane?! Really hate that how people here underrate our players so much, and it also show how little we have faith in our players and how little wee support them!

First is Jonhn Stone, then Gundogan, Zinchenko, Rodri, etc., and now Sterling, just talk sh!t!
It's not so much underating Sterling, it's just not believing we'll get a huge transfer fee in when we sell him

I’ve never been his biggest fan, but can’t deny he has popped up with some key goals at key times. That said, he just isn’t a top, top footballer.

Can he play? Obviously! He couldn’t have a Liverpool, City and England career if he couldn’t play. His problem is that he still plays like he’s 21 and learning the game, not a mature international player at the peak of his abilities.

There was much made of Arteta doing personal sessions with him in front of goal, and the video of Pep teaching the absolute basics about how to accept the ball and address his body position, but I feel like he has stalled. In fact, he may have not only stalled, but regressed this season.

I’m not sure if he has a best position, but at City there’s at least one player (often two) who play that position better. That’s not a good situation in which to be in a team and a league that constantly requires more just to stand still.

In short, he has zero ability to kill a ball pinged into him. His first touch is more Dzeko than Bernardo or Mahrez. His lack of confidence (or is it ability) in front of goal anytime he has the luxury of time is eye watering and infuriating. When a chance is instinctive, you might fancy him, but I know of no City fan who would put a pint on him one on one with the keeper, let alone their house!

Given the way we play, the quality in the team, and the quality of the players coming through, it’s getting harder and harder to see where he fits in, or whether he will ever be better than what we already have. Perhaps even more confounding, it looks like he’s lost his pace, too. Even when getting in behind a team, he doesn’t have the speed and/or control to make anything of the break.

There is no guile, there remains the tendency to run, head down. Into blind alleys, while the ball bobbles about ahead of him, and he basically has one move - cut in from the left on his right foot, throw a dummy or two, and try to bend one into the far corner. Often, this breaks down at the first hurdle, when the telegraphed cutback is cut off by the defender!

Accordingly, it’s hard to see where he goes from here at City, and I think his form (both here and for England) is going to make his wistful musings of a potential move to Barca, Real or PSG a pipe dream.

While some are asserting he will run down his contract for the next 20 months and leave on a free, and a pay day, much like him on the break with the ball at his feet, I’m not sure the luxury of time is his ally.

His stock was never higher after popping a few in for England at the Euros (and there is no oversell bigger than the British media when it comes to a cheap headline based on minor success), but since that zenith we appear to be witnessing his City nadir. He’s not able to get on the field in his best position (right wing) because our centre forward has shown himself to not only be better, but harder working for the team as a whole. His back up position on the left is now the purview of Foden and Grealish, and he is currently streets behind both of them! From there, it’s in the center forward role, and it’s simply not his forte, and even Torres has shown himself to be far more capable in that stop gap role!

I hold no ill will towards him and hope he can find a new challenge elsewhere, if that’s what he chooses, but if a new deal isn’t signed by Jan 1, I’d make it clear that he has no future at City and we are unwilling to let him run down his contract.

Sadly for him, I don’t think he has the luxury of allowing his contract to run down while he sits behind Pep, because he’s simply not that good. By the end of his contract he will supposedly be at his peak and yet will have spent TWO SEASONS making up the numbers. If he thinks THAT gets him something better than City in France or Spain, good luck to him.

Would be sad to see him go, but grateful for everything he’s done for the club. If he feels the time is right to move on in the summer then of course we shouldn’t stand in his way. Could free up space on the wage bill for a striker to come in.
Agree but it shouldn't be played out in public.

No ones bigger than the club especially a player who is so inconsistent if he wants to leave so be it we will move on and wish him well where ever he goes

Well reckon pep will start him tomorrow just because Jesus would only be back in the country around 36 hours!

He has seen how important he is to England and scored a lot more than he does at City. He probably thinks its down to Pep that he isn't being able to convert that to City. Time and again he has spoken about being confident in the national team (and never about us recently).
Issue with most players in our team/top teams is that the shop window only consists of 3-4 clubs. To make things work in terms of their need/fee/wages is extremely tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.