Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
A move is 100% the right thing for him and us.

He needs to get his career back on track and we could better use his squad place and wages.

Unless a loan,or a heavily subsidised deal.....I'm still struggling to see where he will go though,as currently his ability doesn't equal/command the required outlay.

He’s going to end up just running his contract down because I don’t think anyone abroad is gonna offer more than £45m frankly.

He’s going to end up just running his contract down because I don’t think anyone abroad is gonna offer more than £45m frankly.

His only hope is PSG.. if he want to leave this summer (/winter) and if City wants a decent fee (+40m). I dont think Real is gonna stifle Vinis development when/if they get Mbappe as well. So Raheem better hope Mbappe moves. Or maybe Sterling goes to Real next summer in the very unlikely scenario that Mbappe signs a new deal.. but I dont think Real will pay that kind of fee for him with only 1 year contract left.

The best hope to get a big fee for him in reality is to sell him in this winter.. they might have buyers in the PL but he wont go there. Or maybe City dont care that much about money and will end up loaning him to Barca lol.

Maybe hes already got feelers out at PSG though. This all seems very coordinated from his agents/firm.

Last edited:
We're going to get royally rinsed now he's said that. Either he walks on a free in 2 summers time or we get a relative pittance in the summer for him when low ball offers come in and we have to take it.

Said we should have cashed in on him 2 summers ago but with the pandemic, I don't think there was ever going to be a buyer even if we had been open to it. all potential suitors are either skint, don't need him or have other priorities.

Barca will still be fucked, Real Madrid are balls deep in for Mbappe who will likely play off the left whilst Benzema is still around, they also have Hazard, Bale and Isco all still on the books in that area and they have a fair bit of refreshing needed in midfield and defence, oh and they're skint too. Atletico Madrid I could see potential, probably the most likely of any foreign team. He would suit their counter attacking style more too. Italian clubs haven't got the money, psg won't happen, I could see him at bayern but they have sane Musiala coman and gnabry on their books. if they were to get rid of coman and/or gnabry, a part exchange involving Lewandowski wouldn't be the most far fetched thing I've heard but isn't exactly likely. And I can't see him being allowed to sign for another English top 4 rival, would bite us on the arse. There's just nowhere for him to go.

Will sterling be willing to sit on his arse for the majority of 2 seasons to go for free? A new contract with the promise of letting him go in the summer for a pre-determined respectable offer would suit all

To be fair to the lad he came in clutch A LOT during his time here, in a few last minute goal games. He tried his best for us and that’s all as fans we can really ask.

I do think it’s time though, for him and us.

He's been a fine player for us, probably best for both sides if he moves on.
I wish him well, hope he gets his mojo back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.