Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
People would be surprised, lawyers getting more involved and players are becoming more savvy, reluctant to pay the 10 per cent commissions, pocket more cash for themselves.

They get family to represent them (like Erling has) and bring in brokers at the final hurdle. Gabby and Salah have also done this.

The goalposts are moving, and for the better, when it comes to agents taking huge sums from players.

Raheem is no mug, he has plenty of investments, including a property portfolio with his wife, so will engage the right people if he needs them.

You've brought up the example of Haaland, who had Raiola hawking him around Europe for 3 years and got paid £20m+ in commission.

So where is Sterling's Raiola? If he's preparing for a move away in the next 3 or 12 months, who is the agent he's bringing in to broker the deal?

There isn't anyone, which makes all this noise about him pushing for a move away seem rather hollow.

It’s not my fault you are entrenched in this viewpoint. The problem is the player is unfortunately not performing to the standard we need on the pitch.

I don’t hate the player but I won’t ignore the situation due to his past on field contributions. If you only want to focus on his achievements and not critique his performances then that is your decision. Are you husxafebt @domalino ?

Badly advised. I would love him to commit and kick on but he does not want too.

No, you don't hate him, just think he's shit and lucky to be at the club and gets picked for non-footballing reasons and would instantly lose everything if he left, and is too stupid to know his own standing and has bought into undeserved hype.

You definitely don't hate him though.

Haaland and Alvarez replace Jesus and Torres. No doubt Haaland will be a monster but Alvarez is still an unknown quantity at this level.

You’re putting in a lot of words ‘things move on’ without really tackling the issue which is that replacing Sterling and Mahrez and their productivity within the team is a huge task and will cost an absolute ton. These types of player don’t grow on trees and Palmer is several years away from being a 20 goals a season PL player.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, I’m saying it’s difficult. If you think it’s straightforward and easy then fair enough. Maybe you should get a job as a director of football or something.
It's a huge task, but so was replacing Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Hart etc etc, but that's football and as a club we are at this time superb at replacing and maintaining our standing and probably even getting better .

As said many times Sterling has been a magnificent player for us but in the last 2 seasons has not hit the standards he has set previously, Mahrez has been superb after a difficult start but age is catching up.

But you quite right in saying whoever does replace the possible outgoing players, they have a hell of a job on their hands to be as good.

No, you don't hate him, just think he's shit and lucky to be at the club and gets picked for non-footballing reasons.

You definitely don't hate him.
No point going around in circles. He is lucky to still have an offer considering his form. I want him to stay but only if he is fully committed to the club. His actions tell a different story.

Overall, a fantastic signing and delivered for many years. Shame he has decided this path and I hope he does well in the future. I can’t see it on current form.

No hate. Certainly not blinkered to the situation like many on here.

I think it a perception of the role.

You expect an agent to ring round and get another club (s) to the table.
A lawyer sounds like its just to deal with the team who sits at the table.

Yep, but there are now a lot of floating brokers out there who just ring the lawyers and hope to get lucky by bringing an interested party to the table.

The question you have got to ask yourself really is does Sterling deserve a new contract? not on past form and past statistics but on his form today. Right now no he doesn’t.

If his form changes this season with him playing with an out right striker and he gets back to the numbers which he had before, then we 100% should offer him a new deal.

But as of right now he doesn’t misplace Mahrez or Foden. Mahrez deserves a new contract more than Sterling right now as Mahrez was one of our best players last season for us.

No point going around in circles. He is lucky to still have an offer considering his form. I want him to stay but only if he is fully committed to the club. His actions tell a different story.

Overall, a fantastic signing and delivered for many years. Shame he has decided this path and I hope he does well in the future. I can’t see it on current form.

No hate. Certainly not blinkered to the situation like many on here.
No point going around in circles he says as he goes around in circles...

You can keep saying you have no hate for Sterling but we can see from your comments that's a lie. "I guarantee he fades into obscurity once he leaves" is a hateful comment.

When called out you come up with bullshit platitudes like "I would of course like him to sign a new deal " but we've all just read your comment saying he's lucky the club are offering him any new deal at all because he's been so bad, so obviously that's bullshit.

You have invented a fantasy where Sterling is a parasite who gives nothing back to the club and Pep picks him as some sort of charity project and not because he's still a great player who contributes to the sides successes.

It's incredibly insulting to everyone involved, but apparently your perspective has been so twisted that you can't comprehend Pep picks players on merit because that involves Sterling getting 50 games a season.
without him its very doubtful we would have won the PL this year. He is the only player in our squad that could have created the assist for Gundo's first. All players have peaks and troughs of form in Raz's case his troughs get magnified by some and his peaks diminished. I sometimes think that is down to his reserved self confident nature that some have a problem with him. Lets face it, he has never really attempted to be 'a fan' or talk up the club, he doesnt wear his heart on his sleeve. Maybe its very understandable given some of the treatment he has been subject to.
If you look at the stats over his City career, he has contributed more than most and that will do for me. I hope he stays and renews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.