Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question you have got to ask yourself really is does Sterling deserve a new contract? not on past form and past statistics but on his form today. Right now no he doesn’t.

If his form changes this season with him playing with an out right striker and he gets back to the numbers which he had before, then we 100% should offer him a new deal.

But as of right now he doesn’t misplace Mahrez or Foden. Mahrez deserves a new contract more than Sterling right now as Mahrez was one of our best players last season for us.
No the question is, do the club think it will be better to keep Sterling and the qualities we know he has. Or do they think if he goes will those qualities be fairly easy to replace.
The fact that as far as any of us know there is still an offer of an extension on the table, that the club still think the best option for us is for him to stay and sign the new contract.That may well change in the next few weeks, but as it is today I tend to think the club are right to leave the offer out there, at least until the window opens.

Sterling has done ok for city & what ever he decides to do i will wish him well.
To me ( i might be wrong just an opinion ) his form went iffy when he & pg had a so called fallout after a substitution a couple of seasons ago , its not been the same since .
One thing i will say about him ,he has got big bollocks , he doesn't hide regardless of not being liked by some playing for city or missing a sitter in front of goal.

You've brought up the example of Haaland, who had Raiola hawking him around Europe for 3 years and got paid £20m+ in commission.

So where is Sterling's Raiola? If he's preparing for a move away in the next 3 or 12 months, who is the agent he's bringing in to broker the deal?

There isn't anyone, which makes all this noise about him pushing for a move away seem rather hollow.

Sterling doesn't need a Raiola at this time because he's happy to sit tight and wait until after the World Cup to assess his options.

Raheem spoke with Barcelona in early December about a possible loan deal in January, he didn't need an agent to do so.

In the unlikely event a club did come forward in the next three months, I'm sure it wouldn't take him a minute to find someone eager to help broker.

However, as previously stated, I believe his intention is to run down his deal and see what opportunities present themselves, when Premier League clubs can also be in the equation.

without him its very doubtful we would have won the PL this year. He is the only player in our squad that could have created the assist for Gundo's first. All players have peaks and troughs of form in Raz's case his troughs get magnified by some and his peaks diminished. I sometimes think that is down to his reserved self confident nature that some have a problem with him. Lets face it, he has never really attempted to be 'a fan' or talk up the club, he doesnt wear his heart on his sleeve. Maybe its very understandable given some of the treatment he has been subject to.
If you look at the stats over his City career, he has contributed more than most and that will do for me. I hope he stays and renews.
Saddleworth
My mate and I decided that he was like a model employee. Quiet, never makes a fuss, puts a shift in and is rarely sick.
Like lots of good employees he’s not emotionally wedded to the business (club) and actually, why should he be?
I don’t think many modern players have a strong emotional attachment to the club they play for. All supporters can really hope for is that players behave like Raz.
I think he’s been a great servant to City. If he walks in 12 months I bet between now and then he gives us another good year. I wish him all the best whatever he does.

He will never sit on the bench for a long time but like every player at city they will get time on the bench and any top team they will not guarantee first team football.

Maybe he means the big games he feels like he ain’t first option anymore? Feel next season with Haaland he concentrates on assists he end up unstoppable.

No point going around in circles. He is lucky to still have an offer considering his form. I want him to stay but only if he is fully committed to the club. His actions tell a different story.

Overall, a fantastic signing and delivered for many years. Shame he has decided this path and I hope he does well in the future. I can’t see it on current form.

No hate. Certainly not blinkered to the situation like many on here.
Its not hate that muppet just clearly has an agenda of his own...probably to do with race as he takes it waaay too personally. Let him stew.

How on gods earth is it hate to not rate a player... absolutely laughable.

Thanks for the insightful contribution to the sterling discussion. Well done you.
Well done for keep repeating the same old crap, post after post. I think people have got your point of view now, do everyone a favour and fuck off for a bit ;)

Well done for keep repeating the same old crap, post after post. I think people have got your point of view now, do everyone a favour and fuck off for a bit ;)
Lol

I take it debate is not your strong point? Throwing insults on a forum tells me more about you.

I have defended my position and if you disagree say so in a more dignified manner.

Angry internet person will not suffice.

DM if you have an issue otherwise wipe your tears and move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.