Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially losing Sterling and Mahrez at the same time could put us in a difficult situation. Perhaps we’d be thinking Cole Palmer plus a signing, although if we want Bellingham we might not have a lot left over to spend.
Disagree , we as a club plan better than most, the club know the situation and will be acting accordingly, IF Sterling leaves this summer I would imagine a replacement has already been sounded out.

Disagree , we as a club plan better than most, the club know the situation and will be acting accordingly, IF Sterling leaves this summer I would imagine a replacement has already been sounded out.

Disagree with what?

It’s not really an opinion. It’s more of a fact. Losing two key forwards at this once is a difficult situation to resolve for any team, especially bringing in two of equal productivity. You’re looking at £70 million players to replace their goals and assists. There aren’t many about.

Last edited:
Disagree with what?

It’s not really an opinion. It’s more of a fact. Losing two key forwards at this once is a difficult situation to resolve for any team, especially bringing in two of equal productivity. You’re looking at £70 million players to replace their goals and assists. There aren’t many about.
The club know exactly the position we are in regards the two players mentioned, particularly with Mahrez age is a huge factor and highly unlikely the club will offer new terms.

The club know exactly the position we are in regards the two players mentioned, particularly with Mahrez age is a huge factor and highly unlikely the club will offer new terms.

Of course.

My point is that it’s difficult to replace players who get that many goals and assists so having to get two at once is extra difficult. Unfortunately these players don’t grow on trees. There aren’t many about. In the last couple of years we’ve brought in Grealish and Torres (the latter even left) and they’re no where near the level of productivity of Sterling and Mahrez.

Sterling must be closing his eyes and putting hands over ears. His form is awful and has been for some time. The list of clubs he will only go to seem small and I don’t see any of them banging at the door.

He won’t be the last footballer to believe the hype. Personally he is lucky city still have an offer on the table. Maybe it’s time he realises the situation. Anywhere from here is a step down and I guarantee he fades into obscurity once he leaves. Whomever is advising him is lying to the player.

Of course.

My point is that it’s difficult to replace players who get that many goals and assists so having to get two at once is extra difficult. Unfortunately these players don’t grow on trees. There aren’t many about. In the last couple of years we’ve brought in Grealish and Torres (the latter even left) and they’re no where near the level of productivity of Sterling and Mahrez.
Sterling and Mahrez huge players for us but things move on.

Haaland and Alvarez should bring goals and a lot, Palmer has goals, Grealish has to contribute more with goals he has the ability to score far more.

Potentially losing Sterling and Mahrez at the same time could put us in a difficult situation. Perhaps we’d be thinking Cole Palmer plus a signing, although if we want Bellingham we might not have a lot left over to spend.

Possibly, although the flip side of the argument is losing the wages of Gundo, Mahrez and Sterling next year would create some serious wage wiggle room for at least two top players?

Obviously, the money men would prefer to recoup fees for the latter two, but power is with the player when it gets to this stage.

Sterling, in particular, becomes more attractive as a free agent because he already earns £300k a week and there isn't a club out there willing to pay a £50m transfer fee and those wages right now.

He is at the perfect age and stage of his City career to sit tight, I don't think either side is kidding themselves at this stage.

Sterling must be closing his eyes and putting hands over ears. His form is awful and has been for some time. The list of clubs he will only go to seem small and I don’t see any of them banging at the door.

He won’t be the last footballer to believe the hype. Personally he is lucky city still have an offer on the table. Maybe it’s time he realises the situation. Anywhere from here is a step down and I guarantee he fades into obscurity once he leaves. Whomever is advising him is lying to the player.

This is the kind of hate charged language @BillyShears was talking about the other day, you just don't see it with any other City player, let alone a man who's had an incredible career at the club.

Remove the first word and you'd think a hated Liverpool or United player was being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.