Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's about as razor sharp a retort as I should have expected.
It doesn't warrant anything further. Utter tripe.

My point is clear and simple...certain defences of raheem are so agressively OTT they simply must be for more than footballing reasons alone. We are now seeing phrases like "hate charged language" getting used for someone not rating a players performances over time. Just because you think a player would not do as well at a different club you hate them???? Really???? Think about the absurdity of that assertion.

Its utterly laughable.

Raheem’s big issue going forward is his insistence on playing all the time.

City won’t guarantee it, obviously. Therefore he isn’t likely to re-sign here.

What level of club would guarantee him first team football? Probably the rung below us.

Does he want to go to an Arsenal, Rag, Sevilla type team?

He can’t have it both ways.

Raheem’s big issue going forward is his insistence on playing all the time.

City won’t guarantee it, obviously. Therefore he isn’t likely to re-sign here.

What level of club would guarantee him first team football? Probably the rung below us.

Does he want to go to an Arsenal, Rag, Sevilla type team?

He can’t have it both ways.
He would start at Madrid, Barca, Chelsea and so forth definitely. Not a chance hes going to Arsenal or Sevilla ffs lol.

My point is clear and simple...certain defences of raheem are so agressively OTT they simply must be for more than footballing reasons alone.

So if I took this exact same sentiment and applied a different perspective on it, I guess you wouldn't have an issue?

"certain attacks on raheem are so agressively OTT they simply must be for more than footballing reasons alone."

Your reaction to that observation would be rather negative, wouldn't it? So why do you think yours is a reasonable comment to make?

We are now seeing phrases like "hate charged language" getting used for someone not rating a players performances over time.

And this is where your issue lies, as well as that of many others over the years.

Criticism of a player is fair game. Many of those who defend him, see his value as a player and recognise what he has done for us, myself included, have spent plenty of time criticising the shortcomings of Sterling as a player.

What I believe the "hate charged language" refers to is the constant, unrelenting digs at him as a person for imaginary character issues and the fact that every single fucking movement he makes is put under a microscope and analysed to death.

It's the stuff that goes beyond football that gets people's backs up, not the disagreements about his merits as a player.

It doesn't help when people such as yourself try and conflate those two very separate things. Even less so when you unnecessarily force the conversation to digress into one as emotionally charged as the subject of race and prejudice.

The sterling situation is interesting and definitely gets posters backs up for a multitude of reasons.

I am still waiting for someone to explain why the big clubs have not tried to buy him over the last 18 months? Wages seem to be the main reason and a realistic transfer fee. £50m seems cheap. Where are the bidding clubs?

So if I took this exact same sentiment and applied a different perspective on it, I guess you wouldn't have an issue?

"certain attacks on raheem are so agressively OTT they simply must be for more than footballing reasons alone."

Your reaction to that observation would be rather negative, wouldn't it? So why do you think yours is a reasonable comment to make?

And this is where your issue lies, as well as that of many others over the years.

Criticism of a player is fair game. Many of those who defend him, see his value as a player and recognise what he has done for us, myself included, have spent plenty of time criticising the shortcomings of Sterling as a player.

What I believe the "hate charged language" refers to is the constant, unrelenting digs at him as a person for imaginary character issues and the fact that every single fucking movement he makes is put under a microscope and analysed to death.

It's the stuff that goes beyond football that gets people's backs up, not the disagreements about his merits as a player.

It doesn't help when people such as yourself try and conflate those two very separate things. Even less so when you unnecessarily force the conversation to digress into one as emotionally charged as the subject of race and prejudice.
You'd be right if criticism of raheems football was OTT...Its been fair and reasonable amongst our fans. The reactions have been anything but. I would assert that the hate comes in the reponses not the critique. Its already been discussed enough times that when raz is having a bad day he makes such blunders on the ball that its almost comical...beyond what other players in our squad make. THAT is the reason people get on his back and its simplicity itself. But instead we have to start using silly platitudes to describe attitudes towards him.

However, please do show me the "constant unrelenting digs" at him as a person please. Not in the press but here on this forum.

The sterling situation is interesting and definitely gets posters backs up for a multitude of reasons.

I am still waiting for someone to explain why the big clubs have not tried to buy him over the last 18 months? Wages seem to be the main reason and a realistic transfer fee. £50m seems cheap. Where are the bidding clubs?

No one's tried to buy De Bruyne wither, I guess he must be shit.

This whole "question" is just so dishonest. Every report about Sterling's contract situation is that he's had a great 7 years here, he's just not sure if he wants to commit the next 5 years to City.

So what the fuck are you going on about 18 months ago for? You just invent this scenario where Sterling is desperate to leave and has been stuck here for 2 seasons because no one wants him. It's complete fantasy.

He's not wanted to leave for 18 months, we don't even know if he wants to leave now. He might want to leave in 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.