Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's what your opinion then fair enough, personally I think he's bang average. I'm not saying this about you by the way but I think plenty of people convince themselves a player is better than they actually are once it looks like we're getting them. Of course I hope he proves me wrong and turns out to be a good signing if we get him.
I feel the same way about Alvarez. Think Phillips will be solid if he can stay fit. We'll see how it all shakes out.

If he won’t sign a new deal, he should be sold this summer even if it is to a rival. We can’t just write off £50m transfer fee plus his wages for the next year. If he is willing to move this summer (I’m not convinced he will be), it would be crazy business to keep him.

As for the potential club, I am surprised Chelsea are interested because in Werner they already have their own version of Sterling… Great movement, gets in behind defences and looks a massive threat, right up until he gets the ball at his feet.

If Sterling goes there, I think he will continue to be a mixed bag. He will score goals. He will also please and frustrate their fans in equal measure. His presence will continue to be felt on here as well, one week it will be “we should never have sold him” and the following week “he is dump, we rinsed Chelsea”.

Whatever he decides, I think we can safely say we have had our moneys worth out him. I just hope he doesn’t walk on a free.

Raheem Sterling situation, city have laid out a contract for him since last year but raz has been hesitant due to game time. If raz was to leave this summer , most likely no replacement as city rate Cole Palmer so highly. Raz wants the Madrid move but again. Who’s affording him

So some questions then. Who at Chelsea is buying him? Tuchel? Is Marina still there?

Then you look at the system Tuchel plays. 343/352. Sterling isn't a wing back. Is he a better finisher than Werner? I don't think so. Is he a better false 9 than Havertz? Again, I don't think so. Could he play as a central attacker/striker? Sure, but he wouldn't be solving many of Chelsea's actually issues. They have in Werner and Pulisic two players who get criticised for the same thing Sterling gets criticised for, being inconsistent, especially in front of goal.

I see very little logic in these links beyond "he's got a year left on his deal and hasn't signed a new one".
I don't disagree with any of this but it's also trying to second guess Chelseas plans for next season- Tuchel may play a 4 when considering how many CB's he's losing and he does have two fullbacks in Chilwell and James that can play a 4. They may be wanting to change it up completely. He's a top player also so regardless of his weaknesses in front of goal he offers a lot for Chelsea in terms of an upgrade on Warner and pulisic regardless of similar weaknesses as he is just a better player. I'm not convinced by the rumours that Chelsea want him, but if they do I am convinced by the thought process that he would be interested in Chelsea for a new challenge, home city, more game time, star man etc...

I like Sterling and would live him to stay however if he wants to leave let’s do a deal with Chelsea and take Reece James off them
Chelsea aren't going to sell their starting right-back to a club who they will believe they can compete for the title with next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.