Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he just wants a change up? He could start every week for Chelsea so I'm not sure about an extra 10 games- City didn't play him in any of the big games this year- he was rotated in for Leeds and Liverpool in semis to give the players who had played champions league a rest. I'm not saying don't keep him BTW. I do think though their are legitimate reasons for him to want to leave. Also, a return to London maybe or even just a change up.

So some questions then. Who at Chelsea is buying him? Tuchel? Is Marina still there?

Then you look at the system Tuchel plays. 343/352. Sterling isn't a wing back. Is he a better finisher than Werner? I don't think so. Is he a better false 9 than Havertz? Again, I don't think so. Could he play as a central attacker/striker? Sure, but he wouldn't be solving many of Chelsea's actually issues. They have in Werner and Pulisic two players who get criticised for the same thing Sterling gets criticised for, being inconsistent, especially in front of goal.

I see very little logic in these links beyond "he's got a year left on his deal and hasn't signed a new one".

Be happy to let him go wherever he likes as long as we get a decent fee

absolutely needs replacing in the squad THIS SUMMER though we need that pace out wide to burst past a fullback, nobody else has that.

So some questions then. Who at Chelsea is buying him? Tuchel? Is Marina still there?

Then you look at the system Tuchel plays. 343/352. Sterling isn't a wing back. Is he a better finisher than Werner? I don't think so. Is he a better false 9 than Havertz? Again, I don't think so. Could he play as a central attacker/striker? Sure, but he wouldn't be solving many of Chelsea's actually issues. They have in Werner and Pulisic two players who get criticised for the same thing Sterling gets criticised for, being inconsistent, especially in front of goal.

I see very little logic in these links beyond "he's got a year left on his deal and hasn't signed a new one".
I can’t see him wanting to go to another club in this country and he has already said that he wouldn’t mind playing for Real, or did I dream that one?
I think he will probably sign a new contract.

If we can get £100 mil for Sterling and Jesus, I’d take that as a win
50m for Jesus or Sterling sound good when you consider we don't usually get that sort of fee for our players. Doesn't sound quite as good when you say we're using that money to buy Kalvin Phillips though.

50m for Jesus or Sterling sound good when you consider we don't usually get that sort of fee for our players. Doesn't sound quite as good when you say we're using that money to buy Kalvin Phillips though.
Phillips is a good player in a position that we absolutely need cover for.

Then why not consider the club he supported as a boy, Arsenal, and the coach who he was close to at City, Arteta.

This is about football. He's far too smart and career focussed to move to a lesser club for a change of scenery IMO.
Quite obvious that I meant change of scenery with a champs league club, as I referenced Chelsea, stop being disingenuous, lol.

London appeals, isn’t he from there originally? Chelsea new owners, plenty of success recently, Champs League winners last year. Hardly much of a step down from us.

edit….by the way, I get that you like him and want him to sign a new deal, I’m just more apathetic about the situation, as I said yesterday. He will undoubtedly play better with Haaland in the team, but depends where his head is at. He might just want out.

Phillips is a good player in a position that we absolutely need cover for.
If that's what your opinion then fair enough, personally I think he's bang average. I'm not saying this about you by the way but I think plenty of people convince themselves a player is better than they actually are once it looks like we're getting them. Of course I hope he proves me wrong and turns out to be a good signing if we get him.

That’s a really strange post, you champion how great Raz is and then try and now say how does he improve Chelsea and that he’s not going to be a better option than Werner or Pulisic. Haha.

That’s a really strange post, you champion how great Raz is and then try and now say how does he improve Chelsea and that he’s not going to be a better option than Werner or Pulisic. Haha.

He’s not a central attacker he’s a winger. They don’t play with wingers. Hope that explains it better. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.