Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm uneasy about losing two wide players in one window, Jesus and Raz, and feel we'd need a bit more pace and energy by bringing one wide player.

Issue is, we have to spend to get that. £50m for Raz isn't awful but I'm not sure who we'd be bringing in, and they'd be unlikely to be cheaper. Unless we go back in for that slow Spanish lad that Pep seems to like, Orzabanel or something? Leao at Milan will cost a fortune, I'm not sure it's not worth just keeping him for a season.

It'd leave us with Mahrez, Palmer, Foden and Grealish wide. I guess we can add Bernardo to that list and Alvarez, maybe the latter is a dark horse and will be pretty explosive, but not an abundance of pace out wide is there?

I'm uneasy about losing two wide players in one window, Jesus and Raz, and feel we'd need a bit more pace and energy by bringing one wide player.

Issue is, we have to spend to get that. £50m for Raz isn't awful but I'm not sure who wer be bringing in, and they'd be unlikely to be cheaper. Unless we go back in for that slow Spanish lad that Pep seems to like, Orzabanel or something? Leao at Milan will cost a fortune, I'm not sure it's not worth just keeping him for a season.

It'd leave us with Mahrez, Palmer, Foden and Grealish wide. I guess we can add Bernardo to that list and Alvarez, maybe the latter is a dark horse and will be pretty explosive, but not an abundance of pace out wide is there?
Gnabry would be the move for me. Home grown as well .

That or Gio Reyna. Or just have done without, sign a new full back and play Cancelo in a front three. He's got the qualities.
Reyna injuries are a problem, but I also can't rule out that dortmunds medical team is incompetent as they have had problems over many years.

Reyna is also a city fan which is a big plus for me as well.

Selling Sterling is a mistake.

Keeping Sterling is a mistake.

£50m and a big thank you for the hard work. Will leave here with his head held high.

For 18 months he has put in workman like performance without really hitting the heights. Another 12 months is not good for either party.

We need to get used to players not staying like Komps, silva, Fern etc. the recruitment will determine our next 5 seasons. So far we are not doing too badly.

What about asking for Havertz for Sterling, plays across the forward line and could probably play as an 8 as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.