Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GJ & Sterling go surely City get one in, Palmer the other in the squad.

If English players are a premium then Sterling is definitely worth more than £35m.

A player that's a 4 time Premier League winner and many other honours should be £60m+ no questions asked

But part of me thinks he will not get sold and do well with Haaland in the side, up his numbers and maybe get more playing time. Half way during the season City will offer a new contract, which he may end up signing imo :)

Razza’s gone as far as he can go with City he needs a new challenge I think it goes both ways really I’ll be first up to to give him a great reception which ever club he goes too

Regressing at 27. ffs.
This isn't a game though....players don't always have to get better year by year

I think his form has been poorer than the best we've seen, and while his numbers are still good his overall performances have been lacking

I think £35mil is too cheap, but his wages will drive that....he just isn't worth £300k p/w, so we aren't renewing his contract on these terms....so he'll be leaving on a free next summer, maybe even to the Dippers or Rags which is WAY worse than Chelsea

Hope we hold out for a little more, but it feels like Sterling leaving is inevitable and might be best for all parties if we can get a fee for him (especially as I don't think Chelsea are that close to us even with Sterling)

Haaland & Alvarez for £65mil in with Sterling & Jesus out for £85mil and we probably break even on wages.......plus I think we're still stronger as Haaland is THAT good

Also....I doubt we'd not bring someone else in

1 year left Hazard went for 130m Sterling stats far better than what Hazard had! If reports a true that £50m and he’s yours why are they hanging about they should paying up now..

It really isn’t. He’s 27, he’s English, he scores on a regular basis, he makes great runs, he draws half a dozen penalties a season and, from a City perspective, he’s possessed of particular attributes that the squad as a whole is severely lacking in, most notably pace - not so much in running with the ball as without it.
There’s always been aspects to his game that I personally think have been somewhat lacking (lack of technique/control when dribbling or finishing), but they’re balanced out by the strengths, and I’d be reluctant to let him go at all - particularly given that the similarly mobile and tenacious Jesus is also heading for the exit - let alone for a paltry £35m. We should be asking double that, even allowing for the fact that prospective buyers might be put off when factoring wages into any deal, because the cost of adequately replacing him will be very expensive
Sensible, objective post amidst a huge amount of horseshit that is often posted about Sterling, though he’s never going to fetch £70m in the last year of his contract unfortunately. But as you say any replacement will cost more - but if it has to happen would rather get something now than next year if a new contract isn’t going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.