Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvarez is an unknown quantity at our level whereas Sterling is the most prolific wide player in the history of the club.

Ideally we’d want to add Haaland’s goals to what we have, not take away 20 goals as a starting point.
So you force him to stay and let him walk on a free next season?

I’d personally be starting Foden on the right anyway.

As an aside - adding 30 from Haaland would mean us scoring circa 125-130 in the league next season. A full 30% higher than the record (which we hold)

So supposedly Chelsea have offered £21 mil. If Sterling is on let's say £300,000 a week that covers his wages for his final year and he goes.
If he stays we pay £15 mil and he goes for free.
So 21 mil profit or £15 mil we pay and then get nothing.
It’ll be done for £40m plus £5m in add ons I reckon.

So supposedly Chelsea have offered £21 mil. If Sterling is on let's say £300,000 a week that covers his wages for his final year and he goes.
If he stays we pay £15 mil and he goes for free.
So 21 mil profit or £15 mil we pay and then get nothing.

It's not a binary choice though.

He might stay and sign an extension.

Chelsea might bid more than £21m.

Someone else might come in for him.

I think now it’s known he’s open to leaving there could be a number of clubs interested.. Now would you rather sell to Chelsea for £30m or elsewhere for £40m?

I think now it’s known he’s open to leaving there could be a number of clubs interested.. Now would you rather sell to Chelsea for £30m or elsewhere for £40m?
If he does leave, it's not our choice where he goes, unless we refuse to sell him to a particular club for any reason, which would be bad business wise

50 is the minimum and only because it’s probably his last season. I’d really like to see him with either of our new strikers.

A big loss if he went to a domestic rival. It’s only my bias but I wouldn’t sell to an American owned club either.

As Chelsea’s offer, if true, is laughable and they are a direct rival and now USA owned, it’s a triple feck off from me.
Not bothered about an American owner but Chelsea are still a big rival . Also it’s true why sell to a rival when you probably don’t have to

Makes sense to sell him.

Makes no sense not to buy a replacement.

Always the same. Sell some players without replacement. They will never learn. Not a proactive business and instead of depth, our board is creating problems. The same with Aguero and Kompany in 2019.

Makes sense to sell him.

Makes no sense not to buy a replacement.

Always the same. Sell some players without replacement. They will never learn. Not a proactive business and instead of depth, our board is creating problems. The same with Aguero and Kompany in 2019.

‘they never learn’ would have thought it was ‘we never learn’. Anyway, 4 league titles in 5 years suggest you know nothing and our management know exactly what they’re doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.