Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Ake, I just don't think he's very good. Nice squad player but it's seems stupid to spend tens of millions on average squad players.
He's a far better player than his reputation, when we were rumoured to be signing him I was dead against it, but he's totally turned me round, he's not "first team" regular, but he's a ery good fill in, and can play more than one position.

You would probably feel the same about signing Zinchenko, but I'll be very disappointed if he goes, as he fits our squad, sometimes it's not always about the player, but about what he adds to the total squad, Ake adds plenty to us, and I will be disappointed if he leaves, as much as I will Zinchenko.

Yeah realise this is about Sterling, but in his case I'm not that bothered, a decent player, but seems to have hit a plateau for me, maybe he needs a change.

He's a far better player than his reputation, when we were rumoured to be signing him I was dead against it, but he's totally turned me round, he's not "first team" regular, but he's a ery good fill in, and can play more than one position.

You would probably feel the same about signing Zinchenko, but I'll be very disappointed if he goes, as he fits our squad, sometimes it's not always about the player, but about what he adds to the total squad, Ake adds plenty to us, and I will be disappointed if he leaves, as much as I will Zinchenko.

Yeah realise this is about Sterling, but in his case I'm not that bothered, a decent player, but seems to have hit a plateau for me, maybe he needs a change.

Tbh I've watched him a lot Bournemouth and City. As a former academy player of ours, I've kept a soft spot for him wherever he goes but I was against trying to get him back from Bournemouth and I'm against it now too. Decent player to have in the squad for for sure but I wouldn't be pay, what £40m+ for that kind of player. We have Colwill who can fill that role for free. We need to be targeting Koulibaly to replace Rudiger. Ake can't be the replacement.

With Ake, I just don't think he's very good. Nice squad player but it's seems stupid to spend tens of millions on average squad players. Plus we've had him and didn't think he was good enough. I believe we had first refusal with Bournemouth too and chose not match City's bid for him, because he just wasn't deemed good enough.

You had KdB and Salah and didn't think they were good enough either.

I’ll be disappointed to see him go, I thought Haarland’s arrival might have brought a positive reaction in his form.
We haven't seen them play together, so we may never know unfortunately; and i was really looking forward to seeing Raheem roast left backs and put balls into the box for Erling to bury!

You had KdB and Salah and didn't think they were good enough either.

That was Mourinho. I certainly did. With KDB anyway. I was fuming when we sold him. Salah not so much. His rise to one of top players in the world took me by surprise.

Anyway, if you had a chance to sign Ake again for £40m, would you do it? I'm not sure many here would.

I love Sterling, and on his day he really is a world class player. And no matter if he stays or goes this summer he has been a great signing for us over the years. But he's had a dip in form over the last 18 months or so and sometimes it has been so frustrating to watch. The guy in the clip pretty much sums up how it feels sometimes. He has never been a clinical finisher, but he still scored his goals and has been a massive contributor in the best attack in the league the last few years. I also think his dip in form started about the same time we stopped playing without a real striker, so I had some hopes he would get back to his best now when we've signed Haaland. I wouldnt mind keeping him, even if we risk him running his contract down, but perhaps its just better for everyone if we move on this summer:)

I know we dont like breaking up the band thats been so successful, but if you were in charge at city would you offer Raheem Sterling, who is set to be a squad player behind Foden, Grealish, Haaland and Mahrez, a £300,000 a week contract extension for 3/4 years?

The answer is no.

Tbh I've watched him a lot Bournemouth and City. As a former academy player of ours, I've kept a soft spot for him wherever he goes but I was against trying to get him back from Bournemouth and I'm against it now too. Decent player to have in the squad for for sure but I wouldn't be pay, what £40m+ for that kind of player. We have Colwill who can fill that role for free. We need to be targeting Koulibaly to replace Rudiger. Ake can't be the replacement.
Fair point, and I'd forgotten he was with you.

I didn't rate him and couldn't see the point, but he's turned me round.

Sterling I think would cause us a lot of problems playing for Chelsea or Spurs. Never really imagined him going abroad so other option is free transfer back to Liverpool replacing Salah. Maybe giving 400k is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.