Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palmers clearly talented but it's a lot to put on the lad, he's barely turned 20 has 4 league appearances and hasn't played since January due to injury. And when he did play he was false 9.

The bigger problem is no pace out wide.

Real, Liverpool, Bayern, PSG even Chelsea have loads of it.

Grealish, Mahrez and Palmer are all really similar in that they cut inside and beat players with skill and not pace.

If you are cashing in on Jesus and Sterling rather than losing them on a free, that's fair enough but it's £100m in the bank and 500k a week off the wage bill

Sign a winger, why wait?

We waited 2 years on a striker and had to buy 2 in the same window, very happy we've the players we've got but 2 extremely winnable CL's have gone for a burton and we seem to have give up on the domestic cups.

Mahrez contract is up next year anyway so if Palmer doesn't kick on as proposed we could need 2 new wingers next summer.

That and it's a WC year and we have 5 subs now so should be rotating miles more.

People can say "it's the long game" but it's nonsense Jesus and Sterling have been edging towards the door for ages it hasn't caught us on the hop. Long term planning would have been having someone lined up for when they do go.
This is massive for me. I already think we don’t have enough pace. We only really have Walker Foden Sterling Zinchenko and now Haaland who have any serious pace. The rest of our 20odd players are all either medium paced or slow.

We have replaced them all just a window or 2 later than we should have.

The Kompany delay cost us in the league and the Aguero one in the CL
Have these cost us though? We've won the league 4 times in 5 years and reached the CL semi-final twice, the final once. That's hardly "costly".

This is my fear. We won the league just one month ago and it was his pace and movement to get behind the Villa bus that unlocked the door to the title.

I have always maintained that whilst his finishing isn’t the best.. his movement is.. I can’t think of a better player in the world who is capable of breaking behind a back four on such a regular basis.. he’s literally a chance creating machine and he’s almost never caught off side or injured for that matter. He is an asset.

But If he wants to go he goes with my blessing as he’s been a brilliant and important player (both on and off the field) under Pep.

We could do with a pacy winger to fill the void.
What nonsense. I stopped reading when you said he was ‘a chance creating machine who is almost never offside’.!!!! Some peoples heads are honestly in the clouds. He got 5 assists in the PL this season according to Whoscored.com.

What nonsense. I stopped reading when you said he was ‘a chance creating machine who is almost never offside’.!!!! Some peoples heads are honestly in the clouds. He got 5 assists in the PL this season according to Whoscored.com.
Hes still 4h/5th in all the stats for chance creation in the squad, only KDB, Grealish and Mahrez were higher last season (per 90).

8 (KDB/Jesus), 7 (Cancelo), & 5 (Raz/Foden) were the top assists in the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.