Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who is out there that you can sign as a direct Sterling replacement.

But he wants to go and if he wants to go now he would presumably want to go at the end of his deal. Better to grab a fee and get his wages off the books because he was very far from being a nailed-on starter for the coming year.

I halfway wonder if you might see more of Bernardo on the right wing such as was done in the second half of the 18/19 season. Phillips, Foden, Grealish, or even McAtee picking up more of the minutes in midfield.

Pep's City have shown us that you don't necessarily "replace" a departed player - more so find other ways to use the ones you have.
Neymar could rock up. It wouldn’t surprise me.

If we bring in a natural LB, we’re probably going to use inverted wingers again so…

Left wing - Grealish and…? Maybe Cancelo?
Right wing - Mahrez, Foden, Palmer.

Probably a LW that we’re missing.

Dare I say the N word?

Neymar?
Go on. I dare you!

Good player in his time here but he looked a little disinterested, didn’t start as many games (certainly not big games) and regressed.
Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.