Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sterling and Haaland would work well but I get he has had seven years with us and won a bucket load. If he goes nothing but love from me like for Gabby.
Totally agree. They’ve given their all and want to go somewhere else. No bitterness or animosity, just wish them all the best, except in the weeks leading up to games against us where they slip on a banana skin and are out for 10 days.

He used to win Leagues,
He used to win Leeeeeeeee-agues,
Raheem Sterling
He used to win Leagues.

Its up to him though isn’t it. We could refuse but lose £50/ 60 million to delay it a year.
Exactly, we either keep him and let him choose who he wants to go to in a year’s time or we take what we can and part ways.

We were never going to assure him of playing time, so unless he played every game, he was never signing a new contract anyway.

Full article here:

He's spoke to Tuchel who will make him a key player in their team.

This is the other part of the equation that we can’t discount. Sterling feels like he should be playing every big game but Pep doesn’t see him as an untouchable in the team

there is only one player in our squad that plays every big game if he’s fit and Sterling is nowhere near Kevin’s level or importance

you can imagine the state of his face when he had to tell him again that’s he’s not picked for Real Madrid but that he needs him for Newcastle at the weekend

no sad faces….. easy decision for Pep in the end.

Its up to him though isn’t it. We could refuse but lose £50/ 60 million to delay it a year.
I think even outside of the monetary aspect, we really don't want to be seen as a club that refuses to sell or holds players hostage when they want to leave.

Like him or not, Sterling has been a great servant to the club and played a large part in our successes over the past 7 years. I'm sure City brass would strongly prefer he didn't want to move to a rival, but more importantly we want to be seen as a club that does right by our players.

It'll help with future transfers and it is just genuinely the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.