Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible deal for us and Sterling.

The options on the table were slim pickings.

He's not been at it for a couple of seasons and, while I can thank him for his seven-year contribution, I won't miss him and I don't think the team will either.

I don't want him to do well at Chelsea, as they are a direct competitor, so I will clap him out of respect on his return and hope he and his family remain happy.
Nice touch.

Now, are we signing someone?

He's not been at it for a couple of seasons and, while I can thank him for his seven-year contribution, I won't miss him and I don't think the team will either.

I don't want him to do well at Chelsea, as they are a direct competitor, so I will clap him out of respect on his return and hope he and his family remain happy.
I will definitely clap Raheem when he plays against us, I wouldn't want it any other way he deserves respect after all he has done for us he has played major parts in our club being successful. I won't miss him nor do I think we will miss him as a team, As you have pointed out I think he has gone off the boil in recent seasons and he needs a change.
I also don't think he will improve as a player at Chelsea, I think we have got his best years and he has taking himself as far as he can as a footballer.

Great deal for both parties, It's the right time for City and Raheem to part ways.

Any updates on incomings? Do you think we would be looking at the Mohamed Salah situation?

Warning: emotional post below. May be a load of bollocks.

If what Hirst is saying is true, then it looks like Pep's lost faith in him and Raz knows it. People will say 'we don't give assurances over game time' but that's nonsense IMO, we, like any club who want to sign and keep top players, will do it all the time. When we don't, it means that Pep isn't that bothered about keeping you.

If, and only if, it is true, then I have to say, with the HUGE caveat of not knowing what has happened behind the scenes, I'm not happy about it.

I think it's a mistake, and also a little disrespectful to a player who has been, alongside Kevin, the face of Pep's City side, to basically show him the door.

Especially when the player we're essentially choosing to keep instead is Mahrez, who is equally as frustrating and a few years older. If we'd have told Raz that he would play more on the right (where nobody can convince me he wouldn't shine next to Haaland), and Mahrez would be let go next summer to accommodate Palmer, surely he would have stayed? Instead we're going to end up extending a 32 year old Mahrez's deal and probably also paying through the nose for a Sterling replacement.

I could accept the deal if he wanted to leave, but hearing that he wanted to stay, but the club weren't bothered has made me angry - they don't even think he needs to be replaced for fucks sake, it's crazy. I just can't see the same thing happening for anyone else who has done what he has done for this club. It's not an Aguero situation - Raz still has so much to give.

Fitting that in his last act in a City shirt, he came on for Mahrez at 2 nil down (in a game he should have started) and started the fightback to bail Pep out of the shit. Feels wrong that it wasn't enough to convince Pep that he's still worthy of a place in our side.
Give over

You won't miss him? Really?

I have a lot of respect for you tolmie, but I can't believe that's true. I certainly hope it isn't.

We should all miss him. He's been amazing for us, in the greatest side in our history.

Whether you think the team will miss him as it evolves or not, I have to question anyone who doesn't love the guy for what he's done for us.

If what Hirst is saying is true, then it looks like Pep's lost faith in him and Raz knows it. People will say 'we don't give assurances over game time' but that's nonsense IMO, we, like any club who want to sign and keep top players, will do it all the time. When we don't, it means that Pep isn't that bothered about keeping you.

If, and only if, it is true, then I have to say, with the HUGE caveat of not knowing what has happened behind the scenes, I'm not happy about it.

I think it's a mistake, and also a little disrespectful to a player who has been, alongside Kevin, the face of Pep's City side, to basically show him the door.

Especially when the player we're essentially choosing to keep instead is Mahrez, who is equally as frustrating and a few years older. If we'd have told Raz that he would play more on the right (where nobody can convince me he wouldn't shine next to Haaland), and Mahrez would be let go next summer to accommodate Palmer, surely he would have stayed? Instead we're going to end up extending a 32 year old Mahrez's deal and probably also paying through the nose for a Sterling replacement.

I could accept the deal if he wanted to leave, but hearing that he wanted to stay, but the club weren't bothered has made me angry - they don't even think he needs to be replaced for fucks sake, it's crazy. I just can't see the same thing happening for anyone else who has done what he has done for this club. It's not an Aguero situation - Raz still has so much to give.

Fitting that in his last act in a City shirt, he came on for Mahrez at 2 nil down (in a game he should have started) and started the fightback to bail Pep out of the shit. Feels wrong that it wasn't enough to convince Pep that he's still worthy of a place in our side.
No one in city is guaranteed minutes.. even Sergio and other big shots. Sterling should think about getting his game back than thinking of minutes

Last edited:
Fantastic deal for you guys, Sterling has regressesed a good bit the last couple of seasons watching from the outside. He's become such a predictable player and doesnt seem as dynamic as he was at his best.

Maybe he needs regular football or a change of scenery but you are getting a great deal at the rumoured fees. Suprised at Chelsea though.

You realise that Mahrez was our best attacking threat last season numbers wise. He’s getting a new deal as right now he’s our best winger. 32 isnt that old in football today, plus Mahrez is hardly injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.