Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want a right footed option then Gnabry or the two footed Moussa Diaby? Nkunku probably unattainable this summer. Though no apparently serious links to any of them as yet, if at all
Nkunku had a great game at the Etihad in the CL, would be an ideal replacement. Unfortunately, as you say Leipzig not looking to sell at the moment.

Warning: emotional post below. May be a load of bollocks.

If what Hirst is saying is true, then it looks like Pep's lost faith in him and Raz knows it. People will say 'we don't give assurances over game time' but that's nonsense IMO, we, like any club who want to sign and keep top players, will do it all the time. When we don't, it means that Pep isn't that bothered about keeping you.

If, and only if, it is true, then I have to say, with the HUGE caveat of not knowing what has happened behind the scenes, I'm not happy about it.

I think it's a mistake, and also a little disrespectful to a player who has been, alongside Kevin, the face of Pep's City side, to basically show him the door.

Especially when the player we're essentially choosing to keep instead is Mahrez, who is equally as frustrating and a few years older. If we'd have told Raz that he would play more on the right (where nobody can convince me he wouldn't shine next to Haaland), and Mahrez would be let go next summer to accommodate Palmer, surely he would have stayed? Instead we're going to end up extending a 32 year old Mahrez's deal and probably also paying through the nose for a Sterling replacement.

I could accept the deal if he wanted to leave, but hearing that he wanted to stay, but the club weren't bothered has made me angry - they don't even think he needs to be replaced for fucks sake, it's crazy. I just can't see the same thing happening for anyone else who has done what he has done for this club. It's not an Aguero situation - Raz still has so much to give.

Fitting that in his last act in a City shirt, he came on for Mahrez at 2 nil down (in a game he should have started) and started the fightback to bail Pep out of the shit. Feels wrong that it wasn't enough to convince Pep that he's still worthy of a place in our side.
“Show him the door”..?

Isn’t there a multi year, 300K per week contract on the table for him? If he doesn’t want to stay and compete for minutes then what do you want Pep to do? Get on his knees and beg?

You won't miss him? Really?

I have a lot of respect for you tolmie, but I can't believe that's true. I certainly hope it isn't.

We should all miss him. He's been amazing for us, in the greatest side in our history.

Whether you think the team will miss him as it evolves or not, I have to question anyone who doesn't love the guy for what he's done for us.
I've said in previous posts Raheem certainly does not deserve the criticism he gets on here it's completely uncalled for. His seven years here he has helped our club being so successful he has played a huge role in the trophies we have won, I will always be grateful for that. I wish him all the best in the future apart from when he plays against us. I think right now is the right time to move on I think he needs a change as a player he has been off it the last two seasons compared to previous seasons. As for the "miss him" part, No I won't miss him. I miss Zaba, Yaya, Kompany, Sergio, Fernandinho...It doesn't mean that I.nkt grateful for what he has done for us, He's been incredible especially in the Centurions season.

he probably wanted to be a starter in key CL games too. he was benched for 2x Dortmund games, 2x PSG games last zear in the business end of CL also this year in both Real games, Atletico 2nd leg.
than Pep surprisingly started him in CL final as a striker, which was hardly a good idea...

there is no way for him to play more minutes than last season. even with Jesus gone, as Haaland will eat up lot of minutes so whoever played in false 9, and Sterling had fair share of minutes of false 9 just as Jesus and Foden, those game time will now be allocated to Haaland-Alvarez. the rest has to to play more on the wing, meaning we need wingers outgoing deffo to be able to give enough game time to the rest.

last season when Sterling, Foden, Grealish didnt start on the wing, one of them often started as a false 9. next year that position in a more natural CF style will be taken by Haaland.

Grealish is still a huge question mark tho, as even if he hits a big second season, he isnt a big goal tally guy. Sterling in a mediocre form netted 10+ league goals usually. closer to 20 in his best seasons.
For Grealish even 5 goals is a big season goal wise. hopefully he adds a lot to the assists, key passes, chance creation stats in return to compensate on that.
I'm expecting Haaland to outscore Raz and Jesus combined over a season

I've said it before but Raz has never given off the vibe that he has any particular love for the club or fans. Its a job for him and there's nothing wrong with that.
I have huge respect for what he's contributed and will never bad mouth him but if the quoted deal materialises its a great deal for us.

Incredible deal for us and Sterling.I

If what Hirst is saying is true, then it looks like Pep's lost faith in him and Raz knows it. People will say 'we don't give assurances over game time' but that's nonsense IMO, we, like any club who want to sign and keep top players, will do it all the time. When we don't, it means that Pep isn't that bothered about keeping you.

If, and only if, it is true, then I have to say, with the HUGE caveat of not knowing what has happened behind the scenes, I'm not happy about it.

I think it's a mistake, and also a little disrespectful to a player who has been, alongside Kevin, the face of Pep's City side, to basically show him the door.

Especially when the player we're essentially choosing to keep instead is Mahrez, who is equally as frustrating and a few years older. If we'd have told Raz that he would play more on the right (where nobody can convince me he wouldn't shine next to Haaland), and Mahrez would be let go next summer to accommodate Palmer, surely he would have stayed? Instead we're going to end up extending a 32 year old Mahrez's deal and probably also paying through the nose for a Sterling replacement.

I could accept the deal if he wanted to leave, but hearing that he wanted to stay, but the club weren't bothered has made me angry - they don't even think he needs to be replaced for fucks sake, it's crazy. I just can't see the same thing happening for anyone else who has done what he has done for this club. It's not an Aguero situation - Raz still has so much to give.

Fitting that in his last act in a City shirt, he came on for Mahrez at 2 nil down (in a game he should have started) and started the fightback to bail Pep out of the shit. Feels wrong that it wasn't enough to convince Pep that he's still worthy of a place in our side.
Sorry mate if raheem wanted to stay he would have signed a new deal
If he loved city he wouldn’t go to Chelsea
He has been a good player over the years but he hasn’t warranted a nailed in starting place for two years.
Pep played him in the champions league final when he didn’t deserve it. So he can’t complain about not starting.

He didn't want to stay mate, it's a red herring.

Pep had plenty of faith, hence why he picked Raheem for the biggest game in our history.

His contract has been on the table about 18 months since and it's been one excuse after another.

Raheem's prerogative to run down his deal, but don't say Pep is forcing him out.

The penny started to drop for Raheem when Foden broke through and has been further compounded by his drop in form.

I genuinely think he just fancies a change of scene and is rightly putting starts now ahead of waiting it out another year.

From the sounds of it, both City and Raheem have plenty of respect for each stance and don't need to bad mouth all the things achieved together.

I've said it before but Raz has never given off the vibe that he has any particular love for the club or fans. Its a job for him and there's nothing wrong with that.
I have huge respect for what he's contributed and will never bad mouth him but if the quoted deal materialises its a great deal for us.
Bang on
Never ever felt he remotely loves the club

He didn't want to stay mate, it's a red herring.

Pep had plenty of faith, hence why he picked Raheem for the biggest game in our history.

His contract has been on the table about 18 months since and it's been one excuse after another.

Raheem's prerogative to run down his deal, but don't say Pep is forcing him out.

The penny started to drop for Raheem when Foden broke through and has been further compounded by his drop in form.

I genuinely think he just fancies a change of scene and is rightly putting starts now ahead of waiting it out another year.

From the sounds of it, both City and Raheem have plenty of respect for each stance and don't need to bad mouth all the things achieved together.
Are we replacing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.