Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal aren't a threat to us and won't be for a while but I don't see why Chelsea can't at least compete for the title next season with an elite manager like Tuchel and with the players they're rumoured to be bringing in. We can't forget (unfortunately) that they did win the Champions League just over 12 months ago.

There's no guarantee that we'll get 90+ points again either, it's a ridiculously high standard to maintain every season.

To be honest City were unusually shit in that CL final ( been discussed ad nauseum ) which helped to make Chelsea look better overall whilst not necessarily true imo.

And Rudiger ( dirty **** ) trying to take KDB's head off was an important factor.

Just got a feeling this deal isn’t gonna get done. Chelsea owner seems a bit unpredictable moving onto targets quickly etc. I have a hunch he will stay
Maybe we just have to let June pass by
as deals will be settled in fiscal year 2022/23.
No need to make bids now.
July should bring more news.

Boring days ahead, as Dickov just revealed...

I think he will be a loss for the Club tbh, as hes been an intergral part of the fiest team since he joined. Losing him and Gabby isn't great. And losing him to Chelsea is worse. It strengthens our rivals. But I accept he has a lot of say in where he will end up.
Always respect your views - but we differ here

I know the stats are good - but I trust my eyes and am confident that one of our new strikers getting the chances that he as been given would be scoring a hatful more

I think that Chelsea fans will see the same issues over a few months - so it is a win win for me

I've got no issue in selling to Chelsea and Arsenal. They may be rivals in terms of positions as it is only 1 or 2 places but they are at least 3 years (Chelsea) and 5 years (Arsenal) in terms of competing with us which by that time both Sterling and Jesus will be near the end or past their peak and will most likely be getting replaced themselves.

Also combined both scored 21 goals in the league and 7 in the champions league last season (4 of Jesus' goals were inflated in one game btw). I feel confident that Haaland, Alvarez, Palmer will get 28 goals between them to ensure that neither player is missed whilst at the same time not hurting us by making Chelsea and Arsenal that much better that it's an issue for us.
I should have just quoted your post - covers all my views - only much better;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.